Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swimmer's

Newbie Club Member

Unhappy Swimmer's

How long do you have to stay in the water till the rescue boat picks you up.
    "I am a watcher and not a racer"

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member Winst's Avatar

Default Re: Swimmer's

Quote Originally Posted by barrin5657 View Post
    How long do you have to stay in the water till the rescue boat picks you up.
    All depends on how long your craft stay's afloat!!!!................................(W)

Extremely active > 250 posts!

The answer is in your question.
    "Till the rescue boat picks you up"

Sorry but I couldn't resist it. I will now sit in the naughty corner for 10 minutes.

Kip

Extremely active > 250 posts! Scrutineer
    Club Member

The rescue boat doesn't deploy while craft are racing- in other words if you are in the water, safe and not putting anyone else at risk, you can stay there. If not conscious, seriously sinking or compromising the racing line, then a Red Flag will be called to enable to boat to operate safely.

Better- get back in the craft!
    I'r Gad!

Extremely active > 250 posts! Club Member

it can be almost the duration fo a race as in the case of my daughter at Hackett Lakes a couple of weeks ago - she fell in 1/2 a lap into the race and stayed there with the craft until almost the end when the race was Red flagged for another swimmer who was suspected injured - the second swimmer was rescued first, then my daughter, then the craft itself so the craft had been floating for 15 mins or so (and didn't sink cos there's plenty buoyancy in them)

so you can be in there a while

Tony

Newbie Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by KipMac View Post
    The answer is in your question.
    "Till the rescue boat picks you up"

Sorry but I couldn't resist it. I will now sit in the naughty corner for 10 minutes.

Kip
    Hope your craft will float for more than 10minutes most of the craft at hacket's did not and the driver had to get out lucky they where not injured that was the point in quest'ion

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member Jon Pert's Avatar

The marshals are very good at spotting an injured, or potentially injured person. The craft should float, full stop, it is your life raft afterall. If you know it doesn't then be prepared to lose it or swim a fair distance!
    Cheers

SixpackPert

"Computer games don't affect kids. If Pacman would have affected us as children, we would now run around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music"

Extremely active > 250 posts! Club Member

the problem we have is it's difficult to scrutineer buoyancy, all craft should not sink and driver declares amount of buoyancy at initial scrutiny, craft also has to pass a 5 minute floatation test but the truth is a craft can pass this if it is simply watertight

too many craft out there have inadequate buoyancy

tony