Thread: Help with Insurance

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Help with Insurance

I am in the process of setting up a company that offer the general public the chance to experience the thrills of riding in a Hovercraft (not the usual corporate experience in a field, but real hovercrafting on beach, mud and water etc..)

I have everything in place, with one crucial exception, public liability insurance, without which I will not be allowed to operate.

Does anyone out there know of a company that can provide me with commercial hovercraft insurance for hire and reward??

Bay Marine have been the best lead so far, but as of yet have not managed to come back with a quote.

Any help or leads will be gratefully appreciated

Default Re: Help with Insurance

The only other company I know of in the UK is http://www.onrisk.co.uk

I looked at the same thing and had everything in place except the insurance. The quotes I got were astronomical - they wanted nearly 7K for 3 small craft to operate and that was just giving passenger rides, clients werent even allowed to drive and the course had to be heavily marshalled as well. From my investigations, the quotes will go up dramatically if you involve using them on water and even more if you involve using them on the coast.

Insurance has been difficult to find for hovercraft from almost the time they were invented and there are a limited number of them so insurers have not been interested but we are trying to change this problem. Give us a call (No on site below), our insurer is more flexible than most and can sometimes adjust standard cover to suit requirements. Obviously some risks just cannot be covered such as combining paintballing whilst flying hovercraft, yes we were asked for that but we are constantly reviewing our policies to make sure they fit our clients needs so any feedback is welcome.

You may have noticed I have an interest in the company but I thought it only fair to reply to comments said earlier about pricing for third party cover, this has been noted and acted upon.

Andy