Thread: Vital bits and pieces?

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Vital bits and pieces?

Ok, so Im preparing for my first cruise....

Appart from loading the car with all the tools I can lay my hands on what other bits and pieces should I be brining?

I was thinking about getting a spare belt, skirt ties and skirt seggies..oh and beer....is there anything else thats a must?

And...

Other than becomming a HCGB member is there any other paperwork that I need to deal with before I come?

Dunc

Default Re: Vital bits and pieces?

Yep, many of us bring loads of stuff, there’s always the worry that what you leave behind is what you’re going to need!

Don’t rush to buy spare belts or blades etc for your first event. You’ll probably find that you’ll seem to acquire such items in the fullness of time.

So in addition to Premier Plus HCGB membership, please apply for the Pilot Qualification Scheme (PQS). Upon application for the PQS you’ll be issued with a logbook for novice drivers. This logbook acts as your temporary licence allowing you to cruise. You’ll spend the next few events being spied on by PQS assessors and they’ll sign off the hours in your logbook until such a time that they’re satisfied you can progress to a full Pilots Licence. You will also need to register your craft and pass an initial craft scrutiny. A good starting point is to call the CACEC Secretary and discuss the aforementioned prior to arriving at a cruise.

Finally a brief call or email to the nominated contact for the event you wish to attend is usually very much appreciated.

Assuming you’re good to go (and the following may sound obvious) it’s best to cruise with these provisions on the craft:

Mobile phone (usually kept in a waterproof bag or plastic container).

Strong & long length of rope with a float on the end of it.

A few hand tools, cable ties and a tin of WD40 can be useful.

And I take an anchor.

Welcome aboard.

Chris Searle.

Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Vital bits and pieces?

Thanks Chris.

The event sounds like a lot of fun

Worked out how much its all going to cost and im not convinced im going to be comming now!

I only plan on going to two club cruises so I cant really justify spending out about 60 for premier plus membership and craft registration...

Add that to the cost of fuel, camping and food and it goes way over my pocket money for a month, let alone a weekend!

Hmmph...I need to win the lottery!