Thread: Even hovercraft can be stupid !

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Even hovercraft can be stupid !

Looking at a TV shop programme, I just discovered someone has invented a ground effect vacuum ( cleaner ).

Imagine, you switch on that stupid device, it lifts at 7 mm above floor, blows away all dust under your furniture, and you have twice the work to remove it.

Next improvement will be the vacuum cleaner that will lift your carpets to hide dust under.....

I think we should invite that inventor on the raid or any sand race, to tell him or her that knitting is his or her future, not hovercrafts and same category.

We had yet the lawn mower that flatten the grass to pretend cut it, only efficient if you want less than 5 cm high.

If you are junior member, make your parents buy one, you' ll quickly have a nice toy to play with.....If they don' t throw away the real old one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Even hovercraft can be stupid !

Years ago (early 1970s) my Mum and Dad had a "Hover Constellation" vacuum cleaner http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.li...vacuums%20cani ster.html Theirs was the 1959 model. A very groovy gadget. Not the best at picking ud dirt but great to watch with a new bag on a hard, smooth floor.

I wonder if that's where my interest in hovers comes from? I hadn't thought of that before

Cheers.

Andy.

Fancy that,

U might be right andy! My grandparents have that vaccum and i used to love pushing it around, perhaps it was where my intrest in hovers started .

Ill have to have a look at it next time i visit, wow i was 4 when i last played with it, thats worring to think that was over 13 years ago .

Nick

Ok Guys,

So , I have to remove the word " stupid " if these things are a start for so much happiness in future.........

Now you tell me, Andy, I remember these old models.

Hi

I also remember these hoovers, my mum +dad had a light green+ cream one (must have been 1962 model)

I used to push i away from me and pull it back by the hose, I must have spent hours haveing noisy hovering fun on the kitchen floor.

The hoover never broke down it lasted for years and was thrown out due to being old, but it still worked

Thanks for the memory I had never realised, that it was my first hovercraft

Trev B