Thread: Top Evening's Croozin'

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Top Evening's Croozin'

Went out with Nelson tonight for a sunset cruise. He's just fitted the new 35bhp Briggs to his Marlin, so we wanted to try it out before Littlehampton & The Raid (gonna be a busy couple of weeks!)

Launched at Ramsgate at 7.30 in beautiful, calm,still weather - headed up the RiverStour to Sandwich (40 minutes or so) and had a pint on the quay in the old Cinque Port of Sandwich, belted back down the river at peak low tide, had a play in Sandwich Bay and the old Hoverpad and put them both away - clean!

Its not often you get it all stack up so well, great weather - a peak low spring tide, calm water and a blinding sunset. Fantastic!

The 35 Briggs is an awesome little engine, I highly recommend it to anyone building a small craft. 55kgs, torquey, elctric start, incredibly economical, superb reliability. Love them!

My craft's to heavy. I was flat out (admittedly two up)and Nelly came past me like I was standing still - well over 40mph. Mine weighs 45kgs more than his, but was built for ultimnate strength - you can't have everything.

Top night out, love summer, do like to be beside the seaside too!

Regards All

Russ

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Re: Top Evening's Croozin'

Glad to hear that you had fun, I 2 went out this weekend and had a blast as allways, got all the holes in the hull sorted too and the craft floats brilliant. infact it floats so well that you can hear the water splashing softly against the hull in not so calm water, next time out will try doing some fishing.

Did have some trouble with the skirts draining, gave it too much too soon and when getting away the back of the craft would bounce around a bit then I would come to a stop, I then remembered to let the craft hover static for a while first before moving off, this seemed to help and from then on things worked well.

Gave people rides again and the one guy that I gave a ride last time went again and this time we realy get go, wend flat out and trew the craft around and did some nice 360's and got all wet. Good fun.

The other ride was to a lady, but every time I leaned left to turn she would lean right and that would stop the turn and well we ended up crashing almost into a small tree, was able to get everything pointed in the propper direction again and took her to shore streight away before she did somehting stupid and get us both killed.

Other than that it was a great day, even got a call from the police, some guy had drowned there the day before and they wanted me to help look for the body, could'nt however, ran out of petrol and just after that some guy got stranded in is boat, he however had no tow road, no paddles and no life jackets, what an ideot. Could'nt help there either, OK more like did not want to, the jerk stopped on the slip way and that prevented others from using it, how inconsiderate. I did not care but for others it was a real pain.