Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hov Pods

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Re: Hov Pods

Ok, sorry Russ i might have got the wrong end of the stick. I do admit they look good but people i have spoken to that have them have had numerous problems, maby its just a 1 off.

But they are a lil to xpensive 4 my likeing brand new!

Nick

Careful on ebay. The same person seems to be trying to sell a Hovpod, but under different names.

Each time, the site has a message where he offers to sell it to you for 1350.

I would love to be proved wrong, but this looks like a scam.

If you get an e-mail back, he claims to be Andrew Whitmire. Does anyone know of such a guy owning a hovpod.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickinoue
    But they are a lil to xpensive 4 my likeing brand new!

Nick

Following the price cuts early this year, they're down from 15k to 11k+VAT now, bargain....!

Attached Images Attached Images

Hey guys,

Just a quick note to say I talked to the Hov Pod people to ask them some questions. I do endorse their craft on my site, so it was important for me to understand enthusiast concerns and not just post a link.

Here's the deal:

Hov Pod is probably the best choice for people interested in hovercraft cruising (rather than racing). They are heavier, but invest a lot in safety issues to comply with insurance standards. Hence the relatively higher cost.

So, you're not going to win a race on a Hov Pod, but if you want a ready-to-ride craft you can take your kid sister on without giving your mom a heart attack - Hov Pod is probably the way to go

Please feel free to challenge me on this. I'm educating myself on the variety of crafts and options, so any input is greatly appreciated.

Ohad

did look into buying one about 4 years ago

yes they look nice, but oh boy do they sound loud. did ask at the time about the options of fitting a 4 stroke, they said that option would appear soon, 4 years later and i do not see this to be in effect yet

in the end i went for a second hand osprey 5 MKII, for no other reason that i like the look, and the then owner had made modifications, 2 exhaust silencers, 16 blades to the fan, which has resulted in a quiter, 4 stroke craft

if i had the choice again, looking back over experience gained, i would more than likely go for the flying fish marlin (see links page) for my first craft as it seems to have good reviews on this site and is about 2/3rds the price of the new HovPod and has a very good pedigre.

please dont get me wrong, nothing againstt the osprey but a smaller craft is easier to take out on your own

mind you i have just aquired a larger hover, Canair 506, so kind of shot myself in the foot on that aspect. although reverse thrust does meen she is one person launch/recoverable.... so heres hoping, just need to do some work on her as she hasnt been used in over 2 years

onother option i would strongly consider would be a craft with a seperate lift engine to the thrust. had my first flight at the controls of this type of craft a few weeks ago, different way of flying and very suitable for the work it was doing

all in all its personal choice. this BB is a very useful tool for reviewing information, although some members are more bias to certain manufacturers, still worth a look though

Sorry but here is a totally shameles plug seeing as everyone else has had ther say!

The craft built by Vortex services are cruisers with a racing thoughoughbred pedigree.

Race craft are available too such as the storm

Craft can be in various configurations to suit the owners requirements both four and two stroke.

1-4seat (possibly more)

the designs are ALL proven on either the race track or such events as the rhone raid (400 Km in a week - hardcore).

so far i dont know of anyone that has been disappointed with the craft.

for proof of racing pedigree just look at the results of Storm racing over the last couple of years.

Plug over

John b

ps piccy is 2 vortex storms taking first and second in the last open at fawley, one twin engine (still in development but going like the clappers) one single engine version.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi

No-on has mentioned BBV... they make an excellent 3 seater, twin engine, 4 stroke, proven, capable and quiet. I only mention it because no-one else has, I think you should also look at the Flying Fish and Vortex machines then make your choice from the three.

Ian