Thread: EA81 Engine Does anyone have a manual for these?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default EA81 Engine Does anyone have a manual for these?

Hi all,

I am currently fiddling with a EA81 Engine (I think) in a Subaru MV Puckup 1989. Does anyone have a manual for one of these? if so could someone scan in the page which tells you how to dismantle and rebuild the distributor? and how to set it up.

The advance and retard was seized up when I got it and I took it to bits but cannot get it to go back together correctly. It looks right but doesn't feel right. It's the 1800 version with manual gearbox.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Dan

Default Re: EA81 Engine Does anyone have a manual for these?

If I was at home I would scan you in the manual...but im not...

Have a look on ebay or pop into halfords and see if you can find the haynes manual for the subaru MV pickup...1988 onwards I think....Thats about as good as it gets.... There are three differnt types of dizzy used on the ea81 if memory serves correctly, so be carfull which diagram you follow..

If you are still stuck after the 21st drop me a PM and I will give you the diagram.

Dunc

thanks for the reply, I don't really want to buy a manual as I'm doing it for somebody else and can't really afford the extra cost. And the fact that everything else is okay.

The dizzy i've got does not have points and a condenser, rather a series of plates stacked on top of each other with a shaft which spins in the middle of two slightly magnetic plates.

This whole distributer has a vacuum advance and retard feature built into it, powered by the carb.

So if anyone else out there has the procedure that they could scan I would be most appreciative.

If you put a search on Emule you will find loads of manuals for free download put in the search area "subaru manuals" and also "subaru manual" there is a whole list the first one to come up was 1985 / 1996 Autozone Manual.

I found that manual but only 2 people have it and emule is so slow at downloading, I set it going 4 hours ago and it still says waiting it never actually starts.

What I want is someone who has got it to post the relevant info. Somebody must have a manual. I don't want to spend hours downloading a huge chunk when I only want one page.

Regards

Dan

Can you go to halfords and read the page you need? Done that a few times

I'm going to try that tomorrow if I can. But last time I tried that they were all shrink wrapped in celophane.

Regards

Dan

Why not try your local library as ours have workshop manuals and at least that's more honest as Halfords is not a library.