Thread: M-10

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default M-10

I don't know how many craft were ordered, if you find that information please post it. Maybe it's not news that the USA is making yet another UK design because of the "Jones Act". On yet another design, a firm on the west coast is making Griffon's.

Link:

http://www.epscorp.com/compnews/compnews.cfm?subdir=1

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">Quote:</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
    EPS is building the M-10 Hovercraft in the USA under a license from ABS Hovercraft Ltd. This 20-meter long sea-going amphibian is the world’s only in-service proven, fully composite amphibious craft. The M-10 is powered by two diesel engines and is capable of carrying a 10-ton disposable load. The operating and life cycle costs of the M-10 are lower than those of a comparably sized boat. This has been made possible by the M-10’s lightweight structure design in advanced non-corrosive composite materials including Kevlar and carbon fiber. Click here for full press release.

EPS Wins IMOD Program!
    </td></tr></table>

Some pictures:

http://www.epscorp.com/companies/eps......=8&hovercra ft=1

More pictures showing two different configurations:

http://www.hovercraft.co.uk/absm102.html

For immediate release

July 27, 2006

EPS Launches the EPS M-10 Hovercraft

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">Quote:</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
    TINTON FALLS – EPS (Engineering and Professional Services, Inc.) based in Tinton Falls, NJ,

is launching production of the EPS M-10 Hovercraft under an ABS Hovercraft Ltd., United Kingdom, license. This fully composite, high-speed amphibian provides US Special Forces and Disaster Recovery Teams the ability to traverse any terrain, be it on water, ice or land.

In April 1998 the announcement was made on BBC Television by the Rt. Hon. Tony Blair, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, of the UK Design Council Millennium Award to ABS Hovercraft Ltd. pronouncing the ABS Hovercraft as a Millennium Product. The ABS® M-10 Hovercraft is the only craft awarded the Millennium Product Award by the UK Design Council for its advanced technology.

EPS is taking the offensive in challenging the war/disaster zones that face the world today with this award winning Millennium Hovercraft. The M-10 transports armed forces over unpredictable terrain, be it sea, land or ice, to protect borders and provide rescue avenues and mobility to peacekeeping forces globally.

The firm is headquartered in Tinton Falls, NJ, near Fort Monmouth, and has grown to more than 800 employees. EPS maintains offices in several locations across the United States and abroad and also has personnel located at government and military facilities throughout the United States, Europe and Asia.

</td></tr></table>

Default Re: M-10

I see EPS are also making the Donar hovercraft,

That is a cool looking hover

It would be nice to see that going into production

Trev B

Quote Originally Posted by hover t
    I see EPS are also making the Donar hovercraft,

That is a cool looking hover

It would be nice to see that going into production

Trev B

Where did you see that?

ABS does not equal "Donar", ABS makes the M-10 and made a "Donar".

When the USA makes a M-10 it will be made by EPS.

It would be cool if EPS were to make a Donar, but I don't see that happening as ABS just tried to sell it on e-bay, right?

Hi Your second link

Some pictures:[img]index.php?t=getfile&id=500&private=0[/img]

The Donar is pictured at the bottom of that page

There is also a download on the left hand side of the page,but takes to long to download

Trev B
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by hover t
    Hi Your second link

Some pictures:[img]index.php?t=getfile&id=500&private=0[/img]

The Donar is pictured at the bottom of that page

There is also a download on the left hand side of the page,but takes to long to download

Trev B

Awesome, thanks man. A second set of eyes on something really does help.

Took almost an hour to download with a T-1 connection, like you said long. Don't even think of clicking on it with just a dial up connection.

I was all set to say it just needs wiper blades and they turn them on. Was that a beer cooler in the middle where the second row of seat should of been?

I think the craft "acts heavy" and perhaps could use a larger footprint or less weight. It's hard to make critical comments just from viewing a video, so I hope I'm wrong.

I just got through watching the M-10 video by clicking on the logo symbol located on the upper left of this page:

http://www.epscorp.com/companies/eps...rcraft.cfm?sub dir=2&company=8&hovercraft=1

Not as long to download as the Donar, but still a large file.

.................the M-10

40-50 knots

500 natical mile range

2- Mercedes MTU Diesels

Walk-in access to engine room - important they say

21 meters long

4.5 ton disposal load

Two variants, multi-mission and logistical support

1-Meter hover height

Reverse pitch propellers

Simple marine controls aid in fast crew traning

I'm impressed, would like to see more of how it gets around without dedicated bow thrusters.

I've seen shorter video of this craft, the part where the soldiers bounce off of the draw bridge style bow door is memorable.

EDIT: I called up EPS and left a message on a machine, probably just as ineffective as e-mailing them I suppose. I asked how many hovers they were planning on making - I doubt that it's classified.

The Donar video is the original German one .

I take it this must be a recent purchase for EPS,I wonder how much

it will cost? and will it be the same spec

look forward to seeing it happen

Trev B