Thread: Boxing Day Cruise

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Boxing Day Cruise

Nelly and myself are planning a boxing day cruise, weather permitting. Plan is to launch at the strand ingillingham and head east towards the mouth of the medway, then round into the swale, maybe a bit of lunch in whistable.

Tide looks pretty good, low water around mid day by my calculations (has anybody got a link to a long-range free tide predictor?)

Anyone else with a proven, reliable craft up for a little chrimbo entertainment?

Russ

Default Re: Boxing Day Cruise

Hello Russ, Good luck cruising.

Ive looked into these tides calculators for my diving website, but cant use them for legal & copyright reasons

This is the best I found but only for 7 days ahead.

http://easytide.ukho.gov.uk/EasyTide...SelectPort.asp x

Take Care

Thanks to the folks that have mailed me tidal predictions. Much apeciated.

Three, maybe four, aboard for boxing day - any more, is that the best the hoverclub can muster???

Back from an exciting days cruise. Just Nelly and myself, and due to a late start, we knocked th emedway on the head and did a run we'd never completed before, from Pegwell Bay (site of the old hoverport) round past ramsgate, broadstairs and margate to Birchington.

Great run, if a little cold - the tide as low so not too bumpy. We grabbed a coffee and headed back with the tid epretty much up.

What a difference! North Foreland at broadstairs is renowned for being a devil and it certainly was today, with random 5ft waves on the beam trying hard to push us onto the rocks. Into a pretty good gheadwind it was tough going!

Still, all well and good, no damage, no problems.

Oh, and the best bit is, now we're using the Briggs with the low revving 35bhp four strokes, I can listen to my I-pod whilst crusing. Little Nirvana, bit of prodigy, loads of morrisey, great stuff!

Merry New Year all, looking forward to lots of successful 2007 croozes.

Russ

PS Got engaged on Xmas day, so I'll need some 'cruising tokens' - wonder if Gavs got any left he hasn't used...?

Congrats - on both counts!