Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Neutral Hovercraft

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Re: Carbon Neutral Hovercraft

how about composting and capture the methane. a mini airship full on top of the hover craft will remove the need for a lift engine

Dangerman,

Fresh Veg Oil is classed as a Bio Fuel by the treasury but not the DoT (!) but you are not wrong in what you read in the HMRC doc about veg oil - so I phoned HMRC yesterday and asked directly about buying fresh cooking oil from Tesco/Asda to use in my car (ie no Fuel duty and no VAT) - they said it was now OK and I have a call ref to prove it if I have to.

My understanding is when you buy oil before fuel duty is paid (ie you have to arrange to pay it to HMRC), you are classed as a producer - this HMRC doc states if you produce less than 2501 Litres/Year you now do not need to pay fuel duty. The VAT team said that if you buy oil from tescos, they are not concerned as to what you do with it (whereas the fuel duty team are, but only above 2500 litres/year).

Keith

Keith,

Methane - I think some of the tents at a meeting on a Sunday morning would produce a decent supply of the gas.

Keith

The only trouble about Farmers growing crops for Bio-fuels----------------------------------

We will have no bloddy land to camp and race on.

Jim Lyne

hi keith b

I just spoke to customs, and i can't believe it! you are correct, the law changed on the 30th june and you can run your car on veg oil, use up to 2500ltrs a year, and you dont have to regester. just keep reciepts!

I really can't believe this, they are going on faith that you keep below this value! and no further duty except that all ready paid, from shops applies!

I'm off to lidas to fill up finally the government does something right

Dangerman,

Good isn't it.

Credit is due to people like Matt Bulba and his colleagues at Blooming futures and many others in his trade who have been quietly lobbying for this for a few years now.

http://bloomingfutures.com/

Keith

Sorry ive got to say it.

Petrol WHEEEEEEEEE give me bangs per buck.

let the tree huggers go play.

we only get to race 7-8 times a year, so lets enjoy it while we can:D:D

sorry

seriously though.

unless we go over to diesel or gas, then we don't have much option for the petrol units. Given that diesels run in different ways, will certainly have an effect on racing

BTW how long before people moan about dirty injectors as clouds of smoke / unburnt diesel are dumped around the grounds of some of our more "environmentally" aware courses?

Mart

Less than 10 posts so far!

Ok, lets think outside the box - offset, maybe using some familiar technology.

Rather than mess with the craft itself, build a wind turbine, either use it to charge the battery or flog the power to the grid, that's a "carbon offset".

Inverters seem to be available, any decent engineering firm could surely fabricate a mast.. not sure about braking systems or rotors.

Looking at multiwing, the Ws all look the wrong sort of shape, 6Zs look promising but they don't seem to go all that big - any ideas?