Thread: Free

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Free

Didn't realise things were getting so political with hovercrafting down south.

If your ever up near Skye & dont mind getting bitten to death by midges, getting permanantly rained on, holing the bottom of your craft on rocks (...and avoiding the occasional digger fixing the railway embankment that got washed away in the storms) you can launch virtually anywhere. Also, dare i say it, but quietly, not having to have manditory insurance. Even better my mates in the RNLI are just itching to come and collect me when i break down (they even said they wouldnt waste the time claiming salvage)...

It just seems in this day and age everyone wants a bit of your hard earned cash and the obstacles to overcome become worse with each passing year..

Might just get out again next month if the thing lifts after repairing the shredded bottom hull with lots of fibreglass and the wife doesn't notice my hover spends.

Default Re: Free

Looks like a nice place to go and explore, I live big machines, I would stop and just sit there and watch them working, maybe try catch some fish.

I too have a big hole that am fixing before next weekend.

We have also had (our dog that is) 6 new babies.

So its a good day.

in all honesty 75% of the cruising we do isn't anything to do with the club. we have an insurance policy through flying fish which covers us and live right on the coast. quick look out the window at the weather and if its good there's nothing stopping us going for a spin.

club events are a great chance to catch up with friends and usually a good drink at the end of the day, but there is life after HCGB cruising events.

Which is pretty lucky seeing as CACEC have no events in the diary.... although i do understand that there is some talk about a new type of sticker to for your craft to prove its registered.

Cool

oh for the simple life again, with out rules, regulations and big brother watching every thing you do,being over insured against the once in a life time claim that can take the shirt of your back, this country is just going to the dogs

... unfortunately there is no-one else up this way with a hover so only a club of one...but have been invited to a mini moto track day on the local airfield (hopefully they have better brakes than me!)

...ironically they almost lost all those machines when a high tide came upto the axles and they couldnt get them back under the railway bridge as that was already too deep. they almost did lose one large digger bucket that floated away would you believe!

And I thought I was the only one with links to Hovercraft and dump trucks...I was Project Manager for the design of those babies and now I'm building a hovercraft!

Your site looks good and is only a couple of hours or so from here (Lanarkshire)...once I've finished, we could have a club of two!