Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redex Engine Cleaner and Rotax

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Re: Redex Engine Cleaner and Rotax

Sounds good to me, what do you have planned for wing field day?

A few years ago we flew Air Commodore Chitty to the final parade on ours, and gave cadets rides.

Just out of curiosity who are you insured by?

I'm not sure

but the plan is that we will transport it on a trailer but with boards around it so people can't see it.

then when there is a break between drill displays i'll pilot it (in my flight suit + helmet) onto the parade square (which is in front of where everyone camps out for the day) i'll do a few spins and just generally show that it does actually work, stop in front of the wing commander and his guest for day, take the helmet off, pop my beret on, salute, remove beret, replace helmet and go off back to the trailer.

The only reason I asked about insurance is because we found out last year ATC insurance no longer covers hovercrafts, we can’t fly until we find someone who will insure us as a group without providing a list of pilots.

Have you flown it before?

Do you have recent pic of your craft?

I don't have any recent pics of it as i've been too busy trying to get it ready to remember to stop to take pictures

I'm not sure about the insurance but as we're going to race it we have to have qualified drivers anyway so we'll just give those names, 3 juniors and 3 novices

Pete.

I'm curious as to what surface you will be flying the hovercraft on. Speaking from experience (having flown on the cyclone below for almost 14 years) I hope it's grass as tarmac or any other hardstanding will make a real mess of your hull.

I am also a bit concerned about your proposed approach to your Wing CO ( although I'm sure have fully risk assessed the event) - maybe this is the Warrant Officer in me being a little skeptical.

Pete are you aware that only the construction of hovercraft is covered byt ACO insurance and to be able to fly you must hold an appropriate insurance policy for an extrnal insurance broker?

Regards

Andy

Well my CO has been orgnanising the insurance etc. and it is him that is organising the attendance and the display at wing field day. I'm just in charge of getting the craft ready and make sure the team know the dates that they are required for.

But yes the drill square for the day is tarmac. Me and the team were sceptical about how it would fare but we believed that for the short amount of time we would be on there for it wouldn't make too much of a problem

Pete.

If your OC has sorted out you insurance, would you mind posting who your broker is, never hurts to widen the pot of resources.

Would be good to see photo's of the day too once complete.

Regards

Andy