Thread: Whittlesey Walking Wounded!!!!

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Whittlesey Walking Wounded!!!!

Just wanted to say a big Thank You to all those that helped me after my 'plough in' on Saturday. I'm pleased to say that I'm at home now (well Mum and dad's for a few days) after spending two nights in the Hopsital. I have broken my ankle in two places so needed an operation to have a metal bar and numerous screws put in late last night. So hobbling around on crutches for a few weeks!!!

Huge thanks to Tracy Taylor (I couldn't have been so brave without you!), Dave (sorry for getting the engine wet!! but you didn't have to try and copy me and join me in Hospital!!), The guys on the rescue boat, John Pert, Claire Taylor, the paramedics, The Gill Boys, Avril and Lisa, Carl and the spanish side of my family (Uncle John & Aunty Janet). The Tilley family whose visits to the hospital I so much appreciated and to all those who showed their concern and offered support, your messages were very kind.

Get well to Dave and Les.

Sue Folland

Default Re: Whittlesey Walking Wounded!!!!

Once again our marshals and friends have excelled themselves handling all of the red flag incidents like true professionals and we couldn't race without them, so I am sure I am not the only one who wants to thank them all for their time and dedication to our club.

To the walking or should I say wheeling wounded Sue & Les get well soon! Save the metal in the leg we can use it to repair Dave's craft.

Dave have a good wedding day am sure the Photogapher can airbrush out a plastercast & sling at no extra cost..

Forgot to add the paramedics and sixpack with an 809 powered quad

I'd like to add my thanks to the marshals and paramedics,

I had a nasty flip at the end of the start finish straight , and having rolled (ather quickly) down into the water I was helped out of the water and given a proper professional assesment by the Paramedics (unfortunately I've had to meet a few of them, and this guy was the business, no messing and could even get through to a stubborn cuss like me). I'd still like to know how Tracey got there so fast....

Unfortunately the damage to the craft was beyond my 'in-the-field' repair skills and I retired home on saturday.

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    I'd still like to know how Tracey got there so fast....

We are all wishing you a speedy recovery with no after effects.

Just get better quickly

Our thoughts are with you

best wishes Barry Staples

It nearly did get to the point at the end of the land straight that myself and prickle would have the RED flag ready to wave rather than the yellow one!

The unfortunate thing at Whittlesey is the variable depth of the water which makes water rescue very difficult, this coupled with strong winds means the boat is almost impossible to control when we couldn't use the engine

Glad to here all those injured are mending!

We need to start metal group of our own as I have a matching ankle with plates and screws still in it from when I managed to break mine!

Ross (Soggy Hover 1)

Quote Originally Posted by prima2k
    It nearly did get to the point at the end of the land straight that myself and prickle would have the RED flag ready to wave rather than the yellow one!

We need to start metal group of our own as I have a matching ankle with plates and screws still in it from when I managed to break mine!

Ross (Soggy Hover 1)

well I've got a metal rod in my collar bone.. and it can't be removed as I fell over and bent it a week after it was out in...