Thread: Gas Soldering Iron

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Gas Soldering Iron

Hi

Someone was kind enough to lend Team Drew a gas soldering iron at Whittlsey. We would like to buy one the same. Could whoever it was tell us the make and model, or can anyone recommend one? Cheers

Roger Drew

Default Re: Gas Soldering Iron

I got one a few weeks ago and its brilliant it also has a nozzle that gives just hot air for shrink tube a knife blade for cutting and a very fine flame nozzle for brazing and you can fill it from any lighter re-fill bottles they have just reduced them from 29-99 to 19-99 but the guy did say its only while stocks last :-

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?...=11796&MenuNam e=Gas+Soldering+Irons+%26amp%3b+Kits&FromMenu=y&do y= 9m8

I use a Weller Pyropen at work on a daily basis. There are various makes out there but some scarily have flames licking out the sides! The Pyropen is catalytic and only glows orange inside. As the biggest name in soldering products it is easy to get different tips and other spares for them. It also has piezo ignition, some cheaper models use a flint wheel or need an external flame to light them.

The Pyropen can also be refilled from a standard lighter gas refill.

it was john stead that lent you the tool.you need to ask for a contact for him.i thought his soldering device was non flame as is required within the paddock?