Thread: Severn Cruise

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Severn Cruise

just got back from a very muddy but sunny cruise!!

[img]index.php?t=getfile&id=874&private=0[/img]

here is a mud splatterd tracey.

[img]index.php?t=getfile&id=875&private=0[/img]

Even had a ride my self!!

still scrubbing the mud off.

thank you to Bill and Rupert for the adventure.

no pic's of me !!

I was behind the camera!!

but see other's at www.hovercraftvideo.co.uk

Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Severn Cruise

Great pistures!

What a fantastic cruise... the mud was, as usual, well, MUDDY, and the access even trickier than usual, but the weather was just excellent.

On Saturday we enjoyed some of the usual 'messing around in hovercraft' locally to the site - playing in the mud and gulleys and giving rides.

Sunday we took a cruise up to the wier just north of Gloucester, and all parked up on a little shingle bank just to enjoy being in a place no-one else can get to! Colin, after a little egging on, braved the wier and climbed it with little fuss. All in all about 40 or 45 miles round trip, seeing the river shrink from a mile-wide estuary right to the normal tidal limit. We could have progressed further, to Tewkesbury, as the spring tide does top the wier, but there was a barbie and cold beers beckoning!

On Monday we took a cruise downriver, to check out the forthcoming Berkeley Cruise site, which took us into the 'real' Severn territory, with its many traps for the unwary hovercrafter... deep hidden gulleys, 8ft sand walls, sudden rough water with huge standing waves and a current that can run up to 9 knots. But of course the only thing we had to worry about was the large rip that appeared in my skirt! Still, a little detour to a muddy bank and a few zipties later and we were "back in the game!". I was pleased with the craft, which coped easily with such a huge tear without fuss, the only sign being a softening of the lefthand bag section.

When we arrived at Berkeley, the Severn Bridge looked tanatalisingly close, but with many of us needing to head off home, we will have to save that for October! See you all then!.

Thanks to Bill Baker for organising the weekend, and to our host, Bill Trumpf.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian

The Severn looks like a real good venue and worth the 700 mile round trip for me so fingers crossed I will be down in October

The pics are fantastic this is just what the club needs to get more people interested in the cruising side of things

Not been out in the hover for a few weeks as the weather has not been to good at the weekends up this neck of the woods

If your only prob was a rip in the skirt looks like you have the SEV sorted and ready for a lot more cruising miles

Hopefully meeting up with John , Steve and Mat this weekend to do a river Tay cruise this coming weekend (weather permitting)

Hope to see you soon

Trev the bloke with the quiet Osprey 5

Pics and a report or just comments or quotes from people there would be great for Octobers magazine due to go to print beginning of September

cheers

Tony