Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from the US

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Re: Hello from the US

Hi Guys,

I have some knowledge of the Hoverstar but firstly take on board the comments with regard to joining the club you will get two types of member those that know what they are doing and those that think they know what they are doing, they / we / I are all nuts and it will take a little while before you can sort the wheat from the chaff with regard's advice to your specific craft.

Not wishing to do more than begin your education look on

www.bbvhovercraft.co.uk under the history icon and it will try to give you an insight into the thinking behind the design of your craft.

Light weight is more important than power, as is efficiency so for a given sized duct there is a maximum Hp capability e. g. your 900mm (36") is efficient up to 50 Hp after that you will be on diminishing returns so it makes sence to use a lighter weight lesser powered motor (Rotax 503) than a Subaru for example

BUT if fuel economy is the quest maybe the 35Hp Briggs + a 12Hp lift motor is worth considering BUT this is a total re build and I am sure is not what you want at this stage in your ownership.

Bill Baker

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Baker

Light weight is more important than power, as is efficiency
    Very well said.

Well I found a 900cc four stroke inline four Jap engine but I am thinking the weight is gonna be a little too much. The guy only wants 100 US dollars for it but I dont think its gonna work out. I will keep you guys updated as this project goes on. Thanks for the support so far!