Thread: Driving Lesson

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Driving Lesson

Hi

I'm new to the forum and to hovercraft! Ive just bought a racing craft and am hoping someone in the north east (Newcastle) would be able to show me the basics of handling it - so i can get some practice in. If not some basic tips would be helpful.

Thanks, Nic

Default Re: Driving Lesson

Welcome!

What type of craft have you bought and do you have a big field available??

Hi,

I live about 60 miles north east of Newcastle and would be happy to give you some basic training or advice for the first try out (after that, it's just a matter of practice). I'm not a racer though - so I can't tell you how fast you need to go .

Jon, I don't have access to a massive field at the minute, will need some looking into, but I have the offer of a 2 acre paddock to use at first.

John, thanks for the offer! Would you be able to suggest anywhere in the area? I had supposed the beaches would be a good place to go, assuming they allow watercraft such as jetskis etc, but I'm open to suggestions!!

Nic

a racing craft might not be the best idea on a beach! certainly not for the first flight! what sorta craft is it? untill you work out how reliable it is and how to drive it safely before you go full throttle, your best sticking to areas where you can drive a trailer to where it stops or where you have flipped it over lol!

Nic,

As Jon says, a beach isn't a good idea unless it's very isolated. A 2 acre field isn't near big enough to avoid the fence/hedge racing towards you I don't use land sites at all (other than launching and retrieving) as it's almost impossible to find places that are safe and where you are unlikely to cause annoyance.

Personally, I would recommend sheltered water (with some support) as the best location to learn (it is always flat and doesn't have hard things you can collide with and is also less likely to hurt if you make an accidental sideways stop!) - the downside is you can get wet!

I've PM'ed you with my number and some suggestions.