Thread: Does the exhaust vibrate much?

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Does the exhaust vibrate much?

I've pretty much finished the hover (just in time!!). Just need to bolt the seat onto the hull and mount the exhaust.

It's a standard rotax one with a short straight extension it; I wasn't sure how much the thing vibrated.

In my old craft it was pretty much hanging on a bent up coat hanger, but there isn't the room for that now. If I were to bolt2 short lengths of 1"x2" iroko to the hull and put wire over the muffler, would this hold ok?

Or does it need to be suspended on springs? I don't really want the bolts ripping out of the fibreglass!

my 'work bench'. everything else is stacked on the front of it so the hover is balancing off the back with some axle stands!

as of this evening the water is actually over half way up the wheels. This is in our garage which is the highest point of land for quite an area...

Default Re: Does the exhaust vibrate much?

You could weld 2 'L' shape brackets to the muffler (one at the front and one at the back on opposite sides to each other) and use threaded rubber mounts between hull and brackets.

Works well on ours.

As Jon said, or you could make up saddles for the muffler (bent metal) then mount them to the hull with rubber mounts. That way you don't have to weld anything to the pipe.

I've done it both ways and they both work well. Can get you some pics if you need

nick

I have done it with two small pieces of angle iron with a hole in each. Welded onto the muffler (blimey it's thin metal ) so the holes pointed downwards. I put 2 small rubber mounts between them and the hull . It certainly holds fine.