Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Future of F3

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Future of F3

I'm going public on my latest craft and engine set-up

check out the Mods and Sods section of my website (link below)and tell me what you think.

[img]index.php?t=getfile&id=1141&private=0[/img]

The future of F3 ? let me know - do you like the colour scheme as well - all in the gelcoat you know !

Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Future of F3

check out the Mods and Sods section of my website (link below)and tell me what you think.

Well we would look if we could

Yahoo!

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!

The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer.

Please try again later.

http://

If you continue to have trouble, visit our help area for information and assistance.

Just shows how popular he is

worked last night when i did it, i must have pushed it over the limit - i'll try and sort it

Hi Tony well just got onto your page and read the mods part then the site shut down again saying overload of data but I'm sure you will fix it. I think your idea is brilliant and I hope it works as well as it looks and the colour scheme is awesome. Somebody that thinks out of the box makes a nice change.What bhp are they in stock form and at what rpm.

thanks for your comments, the site may have shut down as i was amending it

each engine is just under 30Hp @ 11750 rpm, peak torque 21Nm at (get this) 8500 rpm and they weigh 15kg each with all anciliaries

Quick solution - if you can't get the site up, i've pasted the piece below

Dear Diary

9th January 2008 *Happy New Year - well i hope it's going to be

Well here's the first pics of the new F3 craft for 2008

Instead of a 250 engine I'm fitting two 125cc Rotax Max Kart engines in parallel. If it works it will mean an affordable solution to the ever increasing engine availability problem for F3. Rotax Max's are raced all over the world (UK, Europe, America, Canada, Malaysia) bits are affordable and readily available off-the-shelf, you can even buy them brand new in a box ready to run.

With 40-50 hours between re-builds and good reliability I'm hoping it will change the current opinion on F3 and perhaps get the Europeans thinking again. A couple of my students race them and they have few engine problems all season (with maintenance i should add) and seizures are extremely rare.

They are a really neat self-contained compact unit with balance shafts, water pump, radiator, vacuum fuel pump, ignition, powervalves, loom, electric start all neatly packaged together - engine fitting and removal should be a doddle. The engines were developed for karting and are not screamers, they produce good torque low down which is what the karters want for pulling out of corners

As standard two Rotax Max's will produce more power and torque than a TZR and two of them are only 5kg heavier than the Yam and they have electric start ! It's all making sense at the moment i just hope it all comes together. This year will be a development year for sure so i'm not expecting fireworks straight out of the box but if it can at least equal the performance of the 2007 Yamaha craft i'll be pleased - that's the target for this year anyway.

For kart racing these engines are sealed - perhaps this could create fairness within F3 or would it lead to stifiling development, that's up for debate, another issue is that a single 125 Rotax Max engine in a light hull would be perfect for a Junior class of craft

I'd like opinions on this idea - either way

We all need to consider the future of our formulas - 503's are currently very popular but with Rotax not making the engines any more what's the long term future for the formula or for F1X ?

Hi Tony,

That looks the puppies!! Is that black and orange????

Really interested to see how it runs. How have you connected the two motors?

Would you ever consider making the hull for anyone else?........

nick

Hi Nick

colour scheme is black and signal red

the idea is that the motors will run like twin-engined pro-karts which have an engine either side of the driver with a centrifugal clutch on each driving a common rear axle

so i have the engines mounted independantly from each other and both have centrifugal clutches driving the bottom driveshaft via a small chain at just over 1:1 - the driveshaft runs through a bearing block then drives the regular fan pulley belt setup

i don't normally make hulls for anyone else