Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New blades design - custom made from BUFOcraft

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Re: New blades design - custom made from BUFOcraft

Are your blades quieter running and whats the thrust power like with them compared to the MultiWing or Hascon?

Nice to see you doing something about the fan blade black hole, it would be good to be able to get a set of blades designed especially for hovercraft.

Keep up the good work.

all the best

Trev

Just a question and although they have been exposed to epoxy but being "wood" where they fit into the sockets of the hub what happens when any water/moisture gets in here?

How much movement/allowable tollerance is there to

A:swell expand and making adjustments to the pitch difficult when nessecary.

B:shrink in hotter climates making them loose and possibly move when you put on the power

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">Quote:</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
    Are your blades quieter running and whats the thrust power like with them compared to the MultiWing or Hascon?

Nice to see you doing something about the fan blade black hole, it would be good to be able to get a set of blades designed especially for hovercraft.

Keep up the good work.

all the best

Trev
    </td></tr></table>

Thanks Trev. Offcourse blades like my would be too expencive. We can make them in Nylon 66 version as well - in that case price would be same as any other blade, but problem is that is quite big investment in developing the tooling and blade is not tested in all conditions yet. As I said we need to test them in action first (so far they were tested only for an hour or two on the hovercraft). We will see...

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">Quote:</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
    Just a question and although they have been exposed to epoxy but being "wood" where they fit into the sockets of the hub what happens when any water/moisture gets in here?
    </td></tr></table>

As I said... we need to test them , anywhay they should be watter resistant, in worst case hub will brake , but as I said, it is a prototype made for testing and not for selling. If design proves to be good, we go to Nylon 66 version and same design...

If you don't mind me asking [trade secrets and all that], what'd be the main difference in the design or your blades compared to say multiwing blades?

People are saying 'designed for hovercraft'...but what would be the difference of designed for hovercraft compared to whatever the mainstream blades are designed for?

Good Luck!

Nice to see someone trying to improve fan design,

BTW, Carbon blades WERE used at the 2004 and 2006 worlds by Kent Gano. They were designed by an Australian, they produced better thrust with lower noise, but unfortunately they only fit one size duct (its the tip design that made them special).

I believe it was called the fireblade.

Once again good luck

Jonathan

Sexy looking blades, lets hope they don't end up as toothpicks.

thats the thing, if each blade is slighty heavier, then with a full set, there would be significantly higher rotational mass, and further guarding would be required to contain. and if they go, i would assume large bits of wood flying about, as opposed to a fan which breaks up into lots of bits.

machining from nylon sounds very expensive, its good to see someone trying to produce better fan blades for hovercraft, there are multiwing fans in our aircon at work lol.

but its going to be an expensive process, and not sure the benifit would outway the expense?

you really need to think about the final thing being manufacture is some sort of moulding process, if made from a polymer

<div class="pre"><pre>If you don't mind me asking [trade secrets and all that], what'd be the main difference in the design or your blades compared to say multiwing blades?
    People are saying 'designed for hovercraft'...but what would be the difference of designed for hovercraft compared to whatever the mainstream blades are designed for?</pre>[/center]

Difference is aerodynamics, optimized for speed range 40 - 100 km/h, like they do at airplane plopeler design... Tuch the blade and you will fill the difference . The pilot Renato Presotto that will ride my hovercraft at race saw them and tuch them on last Sunday when he was at my place, ask him of opinuen if you do not belive me.

Aerodinamics of multiving and hascon is far away from optimum or ideal thats clear to anyone that has some idea of what aerodynamic is...

The reason they are from wood is only because of the price, because designe needs to be tested first... and manufacture nylon 66 vesrion of blade takes expencive moulding proces behind...

Maybe they are bullshi..., I dont know... we will see after I test them