Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Oil 2.0

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Re: Oil 2.0

Well intrestingly on your note Keith I work with someone who used to be chief chemist for a division of a big oil company that made tescos fuel mixtures - Firstly never ever buy fuel from a supermarket because they add some wicked parts to it. Plus they are using more biofuel, typiclly 5% in Tesco's fuels which is damaging engines because biofuel is coarser and damages the engine in the long run but its also why you find supermarkets are more competitive on fuel - because its tat!

Anyway back to the other thing

If you want cheap Diesel and have access to Kerosene your in luck! (yay im 10 miles away from an airfield)

20 litres of Kerosene

1 Egg cup full of 2 stroke

The 2 stroke is used because the Kerosene is slightly coarser than diesel this helps lubricate.

From tests this fuel is

More economical AND creates more power from the engine - You can also produce this for about 55-60p per litre one hell of saving

Be aware this doesnt work in some engines from the top of my head all vauxhall ecotech engines dont like it

All VW group cars love it - Audi, Volkswagen, SEAT, Skoda

Unfortunatly its been much more difficult to create a replacement petrol fuel with the same qualities as above

Nick (Btw - Its not my fault if you c**k up your car )

If you're feeling really adventurous, use the kerosene from your heating system. Sadly I've been explicitly told I can't do this because of the tax differences.

They're selling taxed Kerosene near us for 94ppl though

Quote Originally Posted by Toby
    If you're feeling really adventurous, use the kerosene from your heating system. Sadly I've been explicitly told I can't do this because of the tax differences.

They're selling taxed Kerosene near us for 94ppl though
    Taxed Kerosene for road usage is alot more expensive but look at it this way - Its more economical and produces more power!! Its a win win situation and the PPP (price per litre) is still 40 odd pence less!

Quote Originally Posted by winst
    Has anyone ever worked out what a hovercrafts mpg is at a race meeting? ( just bored at work )

Obviously not including the distance to the meet as it should be on the back of the trailer!

Well I remember Jamie Lewenden took a GPS unit out at Gangwarily one year, but I can't remember the distance he measured (I do think he averaged 30mph?).

At Claydon (unlike many courses) you could always walk the land course with a 'distance-meter' and then walk along the length of the water stretch to get a Lap/Race Distance.

Then (before the races start) ask racers how much fuel they use in a race.

Then get your calculator out!!