Thread: Hello there from Wales

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Hello there from Wales

Hello from Aberystwyth.

I'm a biker love engines and stuff but realising things move on I have decided to look for a new future hobby.

Hovercraft have always interested me, one of my dreams was to cross the channel on that BIG one, sadly now not possible. But I still remember making that huge Airfix kit of it.

Is there anyone near me with a craft, or a club I could go along to and learn some tips.

At the moment all I want is something for the beach and coastal waters, fields and stuff. 2 seater + would be good.

I hope to get some ideas and help from this site.

Thanks

Default Re: Hello there from Wales

Hi Borg,

Welcome to the site.

A good way to see craft in operation is to come to either an event or a hoverin or a small cruise. By seeing the different types of craft (integrated, twin engine, segment skirt, bag skirt etc etc.) it would help you judge which would best suit you.

I am not sure who is near you that regularly operates but we are running a treasure hunt on the river Severn in September. If you can wait that long then it would be an ideal event for you to come and have a look at the craft and meet people in the club who can help you with your choice. The Treasure Hunt is on the 13 & 14 of September (the calendar has not been updated yet), I have attached the info for you to this post.

If you can't wait that long the best thing to do is to keep asking questions on here! We're all keen to talk hovers

Hope we can get you sorted with a craft ASAP (I may know of a Vortex 2+ which may possibly be up for sale).

ETA: It may worth saying hello in the Cruising forum as well, just in case anyone misses this post.

Quick Ewan, a fellow countryman!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Have a lok at this site for inspiration:

http://www.hovercruiser.org.uk/

Also check out this to help you choose what you want:

http://www.hovercraft.org.uk/cruisin...craft/cruising craft.html

I went the same route as you... somehow biking wasn't quite doing it anymore so I built a hovercraft! I still do the Dragon but other than that the bike doesn't come out very often...

Cheers

Ian

Cool thanks for all this advice, brilliant.

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">Quote:</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
    I may know of a Vortex 2+ which may possibly be up for sale
    </td></tr></table>

Funny enough I was just looking at these types and someone else was saying they are a decent one to get for my needs.

What sort of price would something like that be ?

I can get the owner to get in touch with you next week if you like, he's a little bit busy at a village fete in Somerset this weekend!

I will get him to private message you next week mate.