Thread: River Wye vid.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default River Wye vid.

As promised to friends and family I would put a vid on youtube about the great weekends fun on the Severn, its the only chance they'll get to see it and understand.

I've done it for the Worlds in Sweden also on the General site.

And going up the little gully, I went further later, but was worried as everyone had gone home by then. Getting stuck was not an option and one handed while holding my phone out the spray around the corner was too tricky.

Default Re: River Wye vid.

Hello Burty, that looks like the gully I went up with my Vanguard. It had a metal grill at the top. I managed to turn my 14x7' craft no problem. Although it was tight. My biggest worry was meeting another hovercraft coming up the gully that had made the same mistake as me

Cheers

Steve

Full respect there then, yes it was a bit tight. I think its a flood control gate or something.

What surprised me is that the whole creek had changed so much since last year.

Here is a vid of the BBV3's we took up there last year, admittedly with a lot more water in it though.

I watched that video when it was posted, never realised it was the same channel. Looked a lot friendlier last year than it did this year.

cheers

Steve

Fair play Steve making that short trip to the flood gate at low tide and making it back without a nasty snag in the skirt.That takes a driver with some skills............I,ve only got there once myself!!!!!!