Thread: graduate event, comments please.

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default graduate event, comments please.

back of hols and dont recomend travelling around cuba to anyone, total and utter dump!

anyway today at work, one off our graduates gave me a hand to carry the various bits of my new hovercraft, to me car. The grads on our site, have a kinda challenge day to put on, which has a fair bugdet.

The idea would be to challenge say two or three teams of five or six guys, to assembly a hovercraft (from a complete kit) in 48hrs and have a race with each other.

Does anyone think that is feasible, with a full complete kit of parts, (every nut and bolt) and with some expert guidance (maybe asking for volenteers if it happens) can a hover be built in 48hrs.

i recon it can, and with something like a vortex with a bag skirt, (nice and quick to fit) it could be a good laugh.

anyone's comments or offers of help, would be much apprecitated.

Default Re: graduate event, comments please.

Yes it is possible. I was approached to produce a kit like this for the corporate entertainment market and Keith and I came up with a series of ideas that could lead to a kit capable of being built in an hour or two. 48 hours would be a doddle, even allowing for the fact that graduate engineers know dangerously little (I speak as a technician here of course).

Hey Jon The Eagel Mirage GP comes as a kit form. I,ve put one together in two days then took it on the Raid for 400km.The kit comes with a 35hp Briggs for thrust and 10hp briggs for lift. Perfect!!!.Hope the bugget has 6 grand ish in the pot.

We built 2 storms in 3 days for the Berlin Worlds. Final assembly was done when we got there. They were pretty much kits, the hull was complete including duct and flowstraighteners. Thrust frames were complete less fan, and the the engine was on its frame, but apart from that

I couldn't say exactly how many people helped assemble. People just came and went.

Jamie