Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Webcast Trial Today

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Re: Webcast Trial Today

We will probably leave from the Strand at 11.30 and get to Allington between 12.30 and 1.00.

Ok its streaming again - I've turned the camera slightly to get a better view plus I've piped in a live feed from a well known radio station as a dummy 'commentary'. Its at www.raceresults.info/test I'd be interested in feedback on how many transmission breaks you experience.

This webcast is being uplinked over my home broadband. I can't do a mobile feed such as Allington yet. The current 3G uplink I have is essientially narrowband and will cost 6 per minute to upload video like this. I need to get a new 3G broadband contract which will cost around 15 month with enough capacity to broadcast 2 race meetings a month, around 6 hours a racing day! According to their coverage maps 3G (the company) have broadband coverage at all our sites except Claydon, where it might have to be audio only.

Working well using Chrome browser. Enjoying Wrighty as well!

Working well in Warwickshire. Should we now be thinking about funding a water proof high quality camera.

Jim Lyne

Works fine for me in IE7 and Google Chrome - Fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpack Pert
    Missed it! Just turned the laptop on! Wanted to see if it worked with the Chrome browser. I downloaded it the other day and it has now become my browser of choice. Much much quicker than Firefox, doesn't have enough plugins though.
    I've been using chrome pretty much since release- it's still a beta version, but I suspect that a large part of the speed is its simplicity. Plug-ins may be available on full release but will probably start to pull it towards IE7 speed.

Keith loved the streaming video, but have a few concerns over the fact that Elaine Page was commenting at the time.... any chance your brother could take over?

Quote Originally Posted by team black
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">Sixpack Pert wrote on Sat, 29 November 2008 17&#58;12</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
    Missed it! Just turned the laptop on! Wanted to see if it worked with the Chrome browser. I downloaded it the other day and it has now become my browser of choice. Much much quicker than Firefox, doesn't have enough plugins though.
    I've been using chrome pretty much since release- it's still a beta version, but I suspect that a large part of the speed is its simplicity. Plug-ins may be available on full release but will probably start to pull it towards IE7 speed.

Keith loved the streaming video, but have a few concerns over the fact that Elaine Page was commenting at the time.... any chance your brother could take over?

</td></tr></table>

I suspect you are right. Doesn't matter though, will not use IE7 out of principal. Have you used Opera yet? I use on our Wii but haven't tried it on the laptop yet.

Hi Keith,

It comes through fine across the pond. I'm using standard ie7.

Seems a strange way for me to listen to Radio 2.

Bob