Thread: Lift and Thrust Fan Questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Lift and Thrust Fan Questions

About 5 years ago I had to put a hovercraft project on hold for "lack of time AND work space". Now I've got the time (retired) and I'm erecting the space (a 2nd garage).

I restarted my design from scratch and will probably be asking some of the same questions that I asked 5 years ago.

Are Wing Fan and Multi Wing the same? Is one better than the other? I have Multi Wing fan software from 5 years ago. I couldn't find anything newer. I did find what seems to be the current Wing Fan software (5.1).

What style blades should I be looking to use for lift?, for thrust? I see Multi Wing 4Z and 5Z blades talked about in articles and on the internet. What about the Wing Fan blade designations? Does the Multi Wing 4z = a Wing Fan P4Z? Does the Multi Wing 5z = a Wing Fan P5Z?

Is anyone using Hascon Engineering fans? How would you rate their performance vs others? What Hascon blade style are being used for thrust?, for lift? Is there fan selection software available from Hascon?

Thanks,

Doc Fitz

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Re: Lift and Thrust Fan Questions

Are Wing Fan and Multi Wing the same? Is one better than the other? I have Multi Wing fan software from 5 years ago. I couldn't find anything newer. I did find what seems to be the current Wing Fan software (5.1).

Wing Fan and Multiwing are one of the same, political infighting split the company mid 1980'. Software version 5 is the current one.

What style blades should I be looking to use for lift?, for thrust? I see Multi Wing 4Z and 5Z blades talked about in articles and on the internet. What about the Wing Fan blade designations? Does the Multi Wing 4z = a Wing Fan P4Z? Does the Multi Wing 5z = a Wing Fan P5Z?

Yes to the blade notation, if going for sperate lift I would look at the 3 type for a small to medium craft or 4 type for a big craft. If you are going integrated then the 5 type is the best option

Is anyone using Hascon Engineering fans? How would you rate their performance vs others? What Hascon blade style are being used for thrust?, for lift? Is there fan selection software available from Hascon?

I am the European distributor for Hascon and the performance is very similar, the Hascon is slightly stiffer blade so there are small improvements if using 100hp +, Hascon software is very 'poor' I use the Multiwing version!!!