Thread: Easter Sunday Cruise

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Default Easter Sunday Cruise

Onboard video using a ATC5K camera mounted on the duct on the GP. Its getting a little to much spray so I'm going to mount it higher up. The slip in Castlemaine is very narrow and steep but leads onto a river with lots of tight bends and changing conditions. It flows into Castlemaine harbour, turning left across mud flats take you to the mouth of the river Laune which flows through Killorglin, home of Puck Fair. Cruise length approx 40km. And no we did not hit the rock at the end of the video. Philip

Forum God > 400 posts

Default Re: Easter Sunday Cruise

Beautiful looking countryside around there Philip.

Cool Re: Easter Sunday Cruise

Thats a nice screen mate..............GGGGGAAAYYYY!. Still looks a great place to hover. Looks like a better start than my weekend. Electrical fault on my GP. Took my spare out had a great day out with Ian Brooks and Ron but finished the day leaping off a 6ft sand bank and blowing the blades out......oopps. Two hour driver on Tuesday to pick it up......bummer!

Bryan, did you have to abandon the craft, or did you manage to recover it to safety ?

Russ..

Ah yes the GP electrical fault, mine wont start since I washed it down. 'tronic boxes are now hanging on heating boiler. Watch this space for more video when I get a better spot to mount the cam. I havent tried jumping off 6 ft banks yet but a certain BBV4 did attempt to run me over. He thinks I have it on video to use as evidence but dont tell him that the camera was off when I thought it was on. Read Instruction Manual failure. I also have some video of a certain Sevtec owner testing the strength of his hull and fan guard. Handy those ejector seats!! Philip

Talking Re: Easter Sunday Cruise

Ah yes Russ after i got over the surprise of the disaster. As always my hover buddy Ian was,nt far away. We conducted a text book rescue and towed me to a sand bank. In which to my surprise he walked over with a hacksaw and we cut some busted blades out until there were just two. It hovered well across the sand and up a slipway on the opposite side of the river. A bitter end to a cracking day out.Nothing that a 100 quid won,t sort out!!

gaz

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    finished the day leaping off a 6ft sand bank and blowing the blades out......oopps.
    oh i so want to rub salt in those wounds , but its sure to come back and bite me hard . still i AM sorry to hear about the damage Bryan , guess a seasoned pro can have an off day on the Severn too . you said it was a dangerous place, you didnt have to prove it!

More than 30 posts! Club Member

Good choice of vids.
    Slán,
    David.