Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine Identification

Less than 10 posts so far! Club Member

Default Engine Identification

Hi there, im a new member to the website and ive just purchased my first Hover Craft but it has'nt got the usual Hirth or Rotax engine in it. Its a Hov-Pod ACX and its fitted with a Yamaha engine, i know its a long shot but can anyone identify the engine for me from the photograph, ive trawled the internet but to no avail somebody suggested it is a PE485 i would appreciate anyones help. IMGA0003.jpg

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member Jon Pert's Avatar

Default Re: Engine Identification

Is that the engine information plate on the top of the cooling fan?
    Cheers

SixpackPert

"Computer games don't affect kids. If Pacman would have affected us as children, we would now run around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music"

hoverchap

where are you i have done a lot of work making one go recentley may be able to help you Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Pert View Post
    Is that the engine information plate on the top of the cooling fan?
    No i thought that but its actually just a warning plate telling you to keep your hands clear.... thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoverchap View Post
    where are you i have done a lot of work making one go recentley may be able to help you Duncan
    Thats the problem, im in Northern Ireland, getting help when your over here sucks. What i have to say is other Hovercraft owners have been so helpful ive had a lot of people helping me out trying to discover the problem. Especially Darren from Hov-Pod Surry, a very helpfuiil guy and highly recommended. But any advice anyone could give would be greatly welcome.

Jonny

Forum God > 400 posts

You have it easy, try getting anywhere when you are on the other side of the planet. Now that's hard.
    In the beginning there was the Cube; I know where is came from and it has the power to create Hover life. But with great power comes great Fun.

Paul Fitz2

Can't see much from the photo, i am not certain, but it looks like an early (ca. 1989-91) Yamaha Phazer engine 485cc fan cooled 2 stroke (about 50-56hp I think). In the snow-mobiles they had a separate oil injection system and oil tank and a belt driven electric starter mounted below.

Hi guys thanks for all your help, now identified the engine as a Yamaha PE485, few problems getting the Hov-Pod up and running but she is buzzing now.

Special thanks to the excellent wisdom of "Hoverchap" "Philip" and Darren at Hov-Pod Surrey.
    Jonny.....N. Ireland

NEVER TAKE AN EEJIT WITH YOU.... YOU'LL ALWAYS FIND ONE WHEN YOU GET THERE!!!