Thread: Shannon Registration

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    More than 30 posts! Club Member

Default Shannon Registration

Just a reminder that all craft over 15hp on the Shannon must be registered. There is no charge for this. The application form is available from the following link,http://www.waterwaysireland.org/inde...atRegistration
    This can take a couple of weeks, so get your papers in early.
    I have also checked with the campsite to see if dogs are allowed. Sorry, no pets.
    Slán,
    David.

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Default Re: Shannon Registration

I see the registration form has been changed from last years one. They are looking for lots more information eg: design catagory, Ocean, Offshore, Inshore or Sheltered Waters, whats the definition of inshore vs offshore? Also new are the questions about toilets, CE/HIN numbers, fuel capacity and number of engines. I'm sure the answer to the question about draft gets a second look when they see what we write down. Gone is the question about the previous owner so Charlie wont feature along with Ian on the Waterways Ireland database.
    Its almost worth registering just to get the info pack they send you back which includes a booklet about Irelands inland waterways and a brief and clear outline of the by-lays and safety requirements. These include an "efficient means of reversing", " at least one efficient anchor" and 6 flares + 2 smoke signals OR a distress flag.
    Philip