Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HoverRally09 USA Live this weekend

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

Default HoverRally09 USA Live this weekend

Greetings from a hot and sunny Riverside Iowa where the course is being prepared for this years HoverRally the premier US hovering event of the year. Initial broadband internet tests look encouraging that we will be able to cover live the main practise and race events on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Iowa is 6 hours behind UK time so this weekend you'll be able to feast on UK F1 by day and US hovering in the evening. Better get some tinnies in!!
    Follow the link to www.live.raceresults.info Click on 'schedule' for details of the event program.
    Keith

Forum God > 400 posts

Default Re: HoverRally09 USA Live this weekend

8 hours 4 me. , Did you see I found some 3G on the farm, BUT if you move the thingie just a bit left or right or up or down. OR if the dog lies on the couch, poooof we loose the signal, So should be watching I hope. Had better kik the dog out, that's her fav spot.
    In the beginning there was the Cube; I know where is came from and it has the power to create Hover life. But with great power comes great Fun.

Yea I know what you mean. We're getting broadband to race control using my hotel room broadband by hanging an aerial out of my 4th floor window and lobbing it 600metres by wifi to race control.

Its overcast today, lots of thunderstorms passing through and a chance of a twister! The hotel room loos are officially nominated as tornado shelters! The race site is on the floodplain - think Somme then times 2. Craft are arriving - the shortest journey I've heard is 5 hours of driving, the longest 30hours.

I'm off to assemble noisecam in my hotel room, listening to Radio2. Simon & Bob Coles are off buying wellies/waders.

Keith
    Last edited by Keith Oakley; 18-Jun-09 at 02:15 PM.

Forum God > 400 posts

Keep us posted on starting times, K..

At least in the loo when the twister hits you don't have to wary about sh*ting yourself...
    In the beginning there was the Cube; I know where is came from and it has the power to create Hover life. But with great power comes great Fun.

Its overcast and we're on thunderstorm alert today. Many more craft arrived, I guess around 30 so far. Plenty of wooden props and 2 New Zealand Air Slider craft with solid skirts.
    Todays race practise this afternoon and in parallel a cruising section launching on the nearby English River. The rivers maybe 20yards wide and in full flood. 2 miles down that river and you're into the much larger Iowa River (Thames at Windsor width?) then 50 miles down that you're into the Mississipi (Rhine in Holland) - about 1200 miles down that is the Gulf of Mexico. Theres plenty of cruising ground!!
    Hope to cover the practise live from around 3pm (9pm this evening UK)
    Keith

Very active > 100 posts Family/group Member peach4730's Avatar

Question Re: HoverRally09 USA Live this weekend

will there be any commentary?

Yup Terry Chapman will be doing it fri and sat. Its a bit quiet at the moment - the cruisers are off 30 miles or so downriver and theres just the odd craft operating here but I'll put the camera on now.
    Keith

More than 30 posts! Club Member

Looking good here in Leicestershire.

:-)

Andy.