Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheppey Cruise Sept 12/13th

Extremely active > 250 posts!

Default Sheppey Cruise Sept 12/13th

Sheppey Cruise Sat / Sunday 12-13th September.

The cruise weekend will take place again at the Long Reach Ski Club premises which are very easy to find. (Arenít they Mr Curtis)?
    The compound comprises of an easy slip and a pontoon leading directly on to the Swale which is the section of water that makes Sheppey an island.
    At this point the area is fairly protected from the weather and in an ideal site for the first timer to try out their skills in a controlled environment.

Those that have been before will also know that it is the doorway to Godís gift to the hovercraft world. The River Medway.

An easy and popular trip is to Whitstable for the inevitable pub lunch or turn left and go on forever.

Saturday will be a do as you please day where hopefully we can help out newbieís, etc.

On Sunday at around 11am I will be looking for hovercraft and boats to take part in an organised charity trip.
    I am involved as a part time mini bus driver for a visually impaired group called Mowolif. (Men only women occasionally let in free!! )
    I also organise a 4 x 4 day for them which is great fun.
    We are always looking for experiences that involve other senses apart from sight and a previous hovercraft day out in Shoreham is still talked about as a highlight.

The intention is to take them for a trip to near Upnor Castle in the Medway where there is a private slip we can use for them to disembark where they will then go to the pub for a lunch.
    After they have been dropped off at the pub you will be free to do your own thing as the minibus will collect them from there.
    Some of our members are partially disabled, in fact our guvner, Eric has tin legs but that doesnít stop him.

Obviously it would help me if you would contact me to offer your services for this trip so that I can match numbers.

There is hard standing for motor homes and a small area for tents.
    A toilet block and skip are on sight plus a burger bar is a permanent fixture.
    Barbeque facilities for Saturday night but bring your own grub.

The weekend is open to all but as condition of our use of the site all craft must be insured.
    There will be a fee of £5.00 per person per night which will go entirely to Delmelza House a Hospice for children.
    Please can I ask that you voluntarily come to me to pay up as last year it was too much like hard work!!!!
    Low tide on Saturday is 11.45 which is ideal.

Please contact me via kip3@blueyonder.co.uk to let me know numbers of craft, people and camping requirements and if you will volunteer for the Upnor trip.

How to get there on the next post.

Regards to All,

Kip

Default Re: Sheppey Cruise Sept 12/13th

Sheppey Update.

One week on, 56 lookers at posting.
    One reply to say may not make it.
    One prompted reply to say could attend on Sunday only.

Looks as though I could be a bit lonely on the Saturday.

If you are coming then please LET ME KNOW.

Regrds, Kip

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Hi Kip,

Sadie and I would love to come down on The Sheppy Cruise cant wait to see you all there.
    Last edited by kevthehover; 20-Aug-09 at 08:03 PM.
    Freedom One & Freedom TS3 Manufacturer

Forum God > 400 posts

I want to come - but not sure I can make just yet, I'll let you know...
    Ian
    Ian Brooks
    Gloucester, UK
    http://www.hoverclub.org.uk

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member Jon Pert's Avatar

Hi Kip,

I would be there in a flash but it's Tracey's 30th birthday on the Monday and we are having a birthday bash at the race meeting that weekend so as much as I would love to come down, I think the suggestion of me going would probably end up with the relocation of my man-bits somewhere in the region of my chest, or removed altogether!

Have a good one and see you soon.
    Last edited by Jon Pert; 23-Aug-09 at 11:14 AM.
    Cheers

SixpackPert

"Computer games don't affect kids. If Pacman would have affected us as children, we would now run around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music"

Hi Kip i,m busy throwing spanners in the air and its looking good so count me in Sat and Sun.

Nice one Bryan. See what a bit of positive mental attitude does for you!
    Thanks Kev and Sadie. Glad your having a break from Norfolk.
    However I am thinking that I may have to cancel the Charity Run on Sunday as I have to make a final decision this Wednesday night which is the last Mowolif meeting before the event and I only have one craft I can count on.
    Regards,

Kip

Are there no reliable hovercrafts in the Kent area then Kip?
    Freedom One & Freedom TS3 Manufacturer