Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gang Warily -TV Ideas

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member Jon Pert's Avatar

Default Re: Gang Warily -TV Ideas

Little update for you Keith. The Coast program I have recorded on my Freesat box is from the BBC HD channel. This channel is copyright protected and it will not allow me to copy it off of my hard drive.

I will do a bit more digging to try and find a way but it is not looking good.

It is however on You Tube if anyone can record it from there http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFAIxk6VIg8
    Cheers

SixpackPert

"Computer games don't affect kids. If Pacman would have affected us as children, we would now run around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music"

Hurrah (ish)! The copy button has now illuminted so I am able to copy it off the Freesat recorder.

But.

I only have 4gb memory sticks here and the program is bigger than that! I cannot edit the program on the recorder to cut out the bits I don't need so I either need to get a bigger mem stick or an external hard drive. I think the external hard drive is the route to be honest.

Keith, if you have a bigger mem stick (16gb would probably do it) I could take it from Fawley, put it on it and edit it down, then send it back to you or return it at Jakes?

ETA: May be worth thinking about http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1081158AAJ95QG
    Last edited by Jon Pert; 23-Aug-09 at 11:06 AM.
    Cheers

SixpackPert

"Computer games don't affect kids. If Pacman would have affected us as children, we would now run around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music"

More than 30 posts! Council
    Club Member

Hello,

Sorry keith have just PM'ed you without seeing this thread...

But I will happily offer my Van during the day for outside broadcast purposes with as much kit as can bring down inc broadcast cameras, vision mixer, monitors and talkback kit so we can all be in communication.

Keith - I have a chroma/luma keying scan converter to allow overlayed text from a laptop to be put over a composite input signal.. as well as other vision mixers to allow more chroma keying, not sure what quality the text would be after encode though... If you like we can do some testing this week, I can emulate 3g upload speeds and encode in the same way.

One bit of kit I would love to have out to play with is a full remote pan/tilt broadcast camera but I need to find some sort of 'dome' to cover it whilst still allowing the lens to swing round. I est it would need to have a diameter of 2ft to allow full rotation and ideally be crystal clear. If anyone has any access to this sort of thing or can point me in the right direction I will happily purchase!

As regards the live stuff, I have some realllllly long cables to handle Audio/Video/Talkback? might be a challenge to get it down to the paddock!

I am happy to pass on knowledge and pass on camera tips from a number of years of live and unpredictable vision mixing so don't be afraid to volunteer to help you won't be unsupported!

Jon - I will work on that episode of coast!

Paul - Do you want me to provide a playback machine for the in between footage ?

Hope this helps!

Ross

More than 30 posts! Council
    Club Member

Jon, I have just managed to download the SD and HD versions of Coast so I will top and tail it ready for GW...

Let me know if theres any other hovering content that wants ripping (am looking for the Meet the British thing...)

Ross

Cool. Still a bit concerned about the whole copyright issue to be honest, any way round it?
    Cheers

SixpackPert

Forum God > 400 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Pert View Post
    Cool. Still a bit concerned about the whole copyright issue to be honest, any way round it?
    I have to ask the obvious question - why not just ask the Beeb if we can use a "clip" from the prog with credits (we would be supplying free advertising for them after all)?

Quote Originally Posted by John Robertson View Post
    I have to ask the obvious question - why not just ask the Beeb if we can use a "clip" from the prog with credits (we would be supplying free advertising for them after all)?
    Was going to be my next suggestion but I got side tracked as usual. Will try and email them this week unless anyone else wants to?
    Cheers

SixpackPert

More than 30 posts! Club Member

Hi Keith,
    I'll be racing with a digital camcorder (ATC5K) onboard to film my point of view during a race (I'll be experimenting with positioning, as it has multiple mounting positions). Whilst It can't provide a live feed, You're more than welcome to download my footage to use during breaks.
    I used it at Claydon and was surprised at the quality of the picture!

I also learnt that mounting the camera on the handlebars led to lots of footage of bushes and trees..

Jonathan