Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medway Cruise.

Nicholas Flint

Smile Medway Cruise.

Dear all ref Medway Cruise 12-13 Sept
    Thankyou to all who made my weekend all i hoped. This was my first active involvement since selling my Falcon 8 yrs ago. I was kindly allowed to fly THREE craft and thankfully managed to not disgrace myself (or the club) by avoiding inadvertant contact with fly overs, water, or other operators.
    Deep thanks to Kip and Doreen for; organising it!, endless bacon sarnies, mugs of tea and the use of cruet and tent. Thanks also to Ivan, Martin Dougall, Kevin and Sadie.
    A Special Wk Nd. I hope i my aged appearance did not frighten your pets.
    It Was Good For Me!
    Much food for thought.
    Kind Regards to all who knew me from "olden thymmes" and i hope to talk more next, (when i am more able to remember everyone). I am currently making crib notes. Nick Flint.

More than 30 posts! Club Member sweetm2369's Avatar

Smile Re: Medway Cruise.

Hello Nick,
    Good to see you again!
    I took a couple of pictures of you in Sadie / Kev's Pink Osprey 1 on Saturday!
    I bet you had a big grin when you came back!
    Kind regards
    Derek Sweetman
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum God > 400 posts

Default Re: Medway Cruise.

Cheers to Kip for organising it... we had a great run. Particularly enjoyed finding the WW1 sub... I really didn't think I was going to get the craft through that gap under the jetty, must have been no more than 2" either side of the duct. Nathan was keen to visit Darnet fort, so he was pleased!

Think I need to have the craft painted yellow for next year...

Cheers
    Ian
    Ian Brooks
    Gloucester, UK
    http://www.hoverclub.org.uk

Extremely active > 250 posts! Club Member

Was the plank in place to get over the moat at the fort this time Ian?

Extremely active > 250 posts!

A big thanks to all of you that came.
    We had 15 craft all together and raised 200.00 for Delmeza.
    I had a great time (despite being gate keeper)
    Great to see the new members and I hope your legs are working Frances.Well done for your progress.
    I guess we will be doing it again next year.
    Kip

More than 30 posts! Club Member

Talking Re: Medway Cruise.

Well, what can I say, what a brilliant first weekend with some real splendid chaps and ladies, and hey what an adventure.
    Special thanks to Kip for the organisation, getting me started and on my way, Ian for support and help,
    Bryan (I think) for help and everyone else who's names I havnt got used to yet. Oh and Gavin for his initial
    email asking if I wanted to buy a hovercraft and starting the whole adventure off. Scary moments, first few goes
    on the beach when the speed and wind picked up, first transition into water, the sunday on the cruise during the
    canyon, tight turns down the rapids, then through the jetty which was 2mm wider than the hover, well ok it seemed like that,
    oh and the minor breakdown, so good to make it to the beach, but so good to see the other two hovers arrive!
    Most useful things to remember:Keep it slow to start with, more power is more control, dont panic and shut off power,
    and the best - if you loose sight of everyone, follow the trails in the mud! Tips to other potential new people, a) buy a
    hovercraft, b) dont just find and beach and try it out, c) Join the club and have lots of fun and learn properly. Thanks
    once again to everyone and see you soon. Off now to rest aching legs and learn how to sew.... Francis.

More than 30 posts! Club Member

A big thank you to Kip for all of your hard work from The Campbells. An excellent venue and good company. Welcome to Francis and Deidre, hope to see you soon at another event.
    Best Regards to all from Chris Liz and Jenny.

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Yea nice one Kip top do. That area is made for the hover with great places to visit and some fab boozers for the old coke or two. Glad to see a good turn out with newbie (Francis and good lady). Great job Francis! made it back with the old miss fire on Sunday with no drama. Hope to see you on the Treasure Hunt. I even managed a spin in a Hovpod......!