Thread: Next Worlds

More than 30 posts! Family/group Member

Default Next Worlds

I can now inform you that the HCGB Council have now decided to move forward with 2010 as its choice of year for the next Worlds.

The reasons are as follows:

To keep up the enthusiasm and momentum so far sustained from the new venue at Towcester.

To ensure that we do not to out-stay our welcome at the venue (with the local residents).

We also have to bear in mind that we lost Blackditch this year due to a change of ownership, if Kevin Ackerman was to move on, the new General Manager may not be as amenable.

Consideration for the Juniors who would have expected to race in 2010, but will be too old in 2011.

The current state of the euro & $ exchange rates with GBP makes it very attractive for foreign visitors for 2010.

The intended date has always been 2010 (ever since the year 2000).

The racing scene in mainland Europe seems to be struggling, and a WHC in 2010 may give it the boost that it needs.

Indications are from the USA that if there container costs could be reduced they would love to come over in 2010.

We are also looking at the event being self funding.

These reasons were also supported by the 50 members that came along on Sunday to have their say about the next Worlds.

Our bid will be going in very shortly to the WHF, who will then decide on whether to approve 2010 or move it 2011.

Barry Oakley
    HCGB Chairman
    Last edited by oakley0296; 13-Oct-09 at 04:06 PM.

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Default Re: Next Worlds

Hi Barry,

Can you tell me if the HCGB plan to run Endurance Racing at this proposed WHC? It's important to know this very soon to allow adequate preparation time.

Bob

Hi Bob

On the provisional programme we have at the moment and as per the WHF regs, there will be 2 x 60 minute endurance races.

Barry

More than 10 posts! Family/group Member
    Comps Cttee.

I think that it was 3 x 60 minute races when I saw it!

I stand corrected, it is 3 x 60 min.

I blame it on the new glasses I've just got!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HCGB Council have now submitted an official bid to the WHF for the Worlds to be held 23-29 August 2010.

Barry Oakley
    HCGB Chairman

Hi Barry,

Can you tell me if the HCGB plan to run Endurance Racing at this proposed WHC? It's important to know this very soon to allow adequate preparation time.

Bob
    Hi Bob
    The dates for the Worlds have not been easy to set due to quite a few factors, some of which are outside of our control. One of which is that there is a wedding provisionally booked at the venue for the previous weekend.
    I have been in contact with Terry Chapman, so we were aware of the school holidays in the States. We have desperately tried to fit it around you guys, hence a fund towards container costs for entrants outside of Europe, but there are over riding factors over here in the UK, which would either make it impossible or difficult to pull it forward to an earlier date.
    Having looked back at previous World events in the last ten years the dates we have chosen are within the norm for dates that have been used for a Worlds.
    Unfortunately it comes down to the fact you canít please all the people all the time.
    No doubt you will be aware that the last Worlds in the USA were 15-22 Sept 2002, which were during normal school period, thus making it very difficult for any Junior.
    Barry Oakley
    HCGB Chairman

As part of the bid to the WHF, HCGB Council have asked for F3 to be re-instated as a WHF Formula

Barry Oakley
    HCGB Chairman