Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To all Sev's

Forum God > 400 posts

Default Re: To all Sev's

Thanks for the advice, I think a middle steering is what I will go for. I am also going to use those plastic garden chairs that fold-up for seating, they are cumfy and when folded can store under the sides in the netting that will be fitted to keep stuff from moving around.

Being that I go out quite a lot on my own with the craft, the center steering should make for better visibility and a good feel for where the craft is and stuff. Plus I am going to build in a engine cover that could be hard to see past with the steering to the one side.

Started the long bits that travel the length of the craft last night. My table is too small to do the whole length at once. So I have done half, and will do the other half tomorrow and then join the two later.
    In the beginning there was the Cube; I know where is came from and it has the power to create Hover life. But with great power comes great Fun.

Forum God > 400 posts

Quote Originally Posted by atters View Post

Started the long bits that travel the length of the craft last night. My table is too small to do the whole length at once. So I have done half, and will do the other half tomorrow and then join the two later.
    Check the plans carefully - I made my longerons 3.5" too long and didn't realise until late in the assembly, when I noticed the whole craft was 3.5" longer than it should be! Took 3 days to find out what had gone wrong, and how to re-design the skirt to cope with the new shape of the back end!

The longerons are not the full length of the craft - they are 3.5" shorter!

Ian
    Ian Brooks
    Gloucester, UK
    http://www.hoverclub.org.uk

Forum God > 400 posts

Took my measurements from the craft to make sure.
    In the beginning there was the Cube; I know where is came from and it has the power to create Hover life. But with great power comes great Fun.

Forum God > 400 posts

Make sure the hull is dead square (no twist or bend) before you attach the coamings/longerons. Once they are attached the hull will become very stiff.

Its a better idea to build them (and the vertical dash supports) onto the hull before you flip it over - it will then be much stiffer and less likely to twist.