Thread: News article on the Hover Show 2009

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum God > 400 posts Club Member Jon Pert's Avatar

Default News article on the Hover Show 2009

Cheers

SixpackPert

"Computer games don't affect kids. If Pacman would have affected us as children, we would now run around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music"

Very active > 100 posts

Default Re: News article on the Hover Show 2009

That was interesting I had no idea that srn1 was not on public display, what a disgrace!
    I notice Mr Robertson managed to park his hover in the right place to get on tv

Trev
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hovbod
    http://www.hoverclub.org.uk

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member Jon Pert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trev View Post
    That was interesting I had no idea that srn1 was not on public display, what a disgrace!
    They did try but they couldn't physically get it there. If it went by road they would have had to have removed loads of street lights to get it there. The Science museum was not keen on bringing it round by barge as the salt water wouldn't be good for it.
    Cheers

SixpackPert

"Computer games don't affect kids. If Pacman would have affected us as children, we would now run around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music"

Forum God > 400 posts

Quote Originally Posted by trev View Post
    I notice Mr Robertson managed to park his hover in the right place to get on tv
    Yep - I should have been there personally but I gave up after hanging around for 2 hours ("it'll only be another ten minutes" repeated many times....). Typical TV crew stuff - they mess around for hours and then flap at the last minute

What they eventually remembered to tell me (but not Ross - yellow BBV) was that we would have to remove the craft from that area before 8am the next morning or they would be locked-in for the whole day!

There are some really interesting commercial craft at the museum - together with a lot of what could be described as "tat"