Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hovercrafting in snow goes viral

More than 30 posts! Club Member

Default hovercrafting in snow goes viral

After posting the youtube video of our friends Sue Robert and Peter Redmond arriving through the snow at our house in Sandringham Road, Fareham on Tuesday night it has been shown on The BBC 1 national news 3 times, South Today, BBC News Channel and website and is probably going to be shown on FOX News and CNN tonight!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PbiX36WRME

over 5,000 hits so far!!!
    LIZ& Chris Campbell

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Default Re: hovercrafting in snow goes viral

Can you get a world champs banner across the video ??
    More free advertising !

Russ..

Default Re: hovercrafting in the snow is it legal?????

after watching this i wanted to try my hovercraft as we had snow here in bristol on wednesday, maybe its cos im new to hovercrafting but it handled like a pig and i kept sliding off the road and towards the pavement, it caused quite a stir with some the oldies who were spying on me through their curtains, i take it its illegal to use one on a public road but what about the extreme weather conditions could we get away with it ??? i guess its not exactly legal to take your rib up the high street when its flooded but does anyone ever get prosecuted? anyone know????

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Talking Re: hovercrafting in snow goes viral

Hi,

Our local Police Officer , told me low flying !............ as i hovered off....lol

Kev
    Freedom One & Freedom TS3 Manufacturer

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

Default Re: hovercrafting in the snow is it legal?????

Quote Originally Posted by watchbuyeruk View Post
    after watching this i wanted to try my hovercraft as we had snow here in bristol on wednesday, maybe its cos im new to hovercrafting but it handled like a pig and i kept sliding off the road and towards the pavement, it caused quite a stir with some the oldies who were spying on me through their curtains, i take it its illegal to use one on a public road but what about the extreme weather conditions could we get away with it ??? i guess its not exactly legal to take your rib up the high street when its flooded but does anyone ever get prosecuted? anyone know????
    Pretty good chance of an expensive collision with a parked car. I think theres something in theVehicle Construction and Use Regs about 90+% of the road vehicles weight being supported on wheels or something like that.
    More to the point is it any good at clearing the snow?? I can't get out up the hill in my road cos the grit bin isn't replenished. From previous experience I think it will only blow away fresh snow, once theres been a frost or wheeled vehicle compacting the snow the craft is useless as a snow blower. Is that everyone elses experience?
    Keith

sorry , photo is massive, if anyone knows how to shrink it please let me know.