Thread: Cruising License

Less than 10 posts so far!

Default Cruising License

Hi

Can anyone tell me when the next Hovercraft / Cruising test will be and how much it will cost please?

Also I have a Rotax 447 engine that needs a service which has stopped under shock, can anyone suggest a good workshop / company were we can get this fixed?

I am based in SE London.

Thanks in advance.

Forum God > 400 posts

Default Re: Cruising License

Quote Originally Posted by Landy_man View Post
    Hi

Can anyone tell me when the next Hovercraft / Cruising test will be and how much it will cost please?

Also I have a Rotax 447 engine that needs a service which has stopped under shock, can anyone suggest a good workshop / company were we can get this fixed?

I am based in SE London.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi

Not sure about the Rotax - someone else will be along and I'm sure will answer that.

The Cruising License scheme is explained here: Look for page 9. PLS1 is considered a novice qualification, PLS2 is the standard license and PLS3 is the advanced qualification.

The annual Training Event is being held on April 10/11th - see here. I still have two places left on the course, contact me if you want to take one up. This course is not the only way to get your foot on the ladder, but it is the preferred way.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Brooks; 17-Feb-10 at 06:23 PM.
    Ian Brooks
    Gloucester, UK
    http://www.hoverclub.org.uk

Extremely active > 250 posts!

with regards the rotax, why not investigate any local light aircraft airfields, theres that one on the m3 i know of.

if i had any problems with my rotax's which needed special tools or knowledgable adivce, i just took it to the local airfield where matey had all the tools.

does it have a gear box? if so this needs to be inspected if the prop had a shock load, they are designed to absorb the shock of a prop strike, so as to not damage the crank etc.

otherwise have you tried skydrive?
    Jon

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member Jon Pert's Avatar

Cheers

SixpackPert

"Computer games don't affect kids. If Pacman would have affected us as children, we would now run around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music"

Less than 10 posts so far!

Hi All

Thanks for all the help.

I would like to do the PLS2 is the standard license as i have some experience already.

How long does it take?
    How much?
    Do i bring my own Hovercraft?
    Where does it take place?

I have been finding out about the Rotex 447 at Biggin Hill airport ect.
    conairsports.co.uk said quoted me 301

Thanks

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member Jon Pert's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Cruising License

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brooks View Post
    Hi

Not sure about the Rotax - someone else will be along and I'm sure will answer that.

The Cruising License scheme is explained here: Look for page 9. PLS1 is considered a novice qualification, PLS2 is the standard license and PLS3 is the advanced qualification.

The annual Training Event is being held on April 10/11th - see here. I still have two places left on the course, contact me if you want to take one up. This course is not the only way to get your foot on the ladder, but it is the preferred way.

Ian
    Ian answered all your questions here mate, just click the links that say 'here'.
    Cheers

SixpackPert

"Computer games don't affect kids. If Pacman would have affected us as children, we would now run around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music"

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Landy_man View Post
    Hi All

How long does it take?
    How much?
    Do i bring my own Hovercraft?
    Where does it take place?
    You won't be able to view the details of the scheme or apply for a licence unless you are a club member. Click HERE to join us. Once a member the "Your Cruising Licence" option in "Member Area" on the top menu will become active (along with a lot of other stuff!).

Web Admin
    http://www.hovercraft.org.uk