Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie looking for crusing craft advice

Extremely active > 250 posts! Club Member firth5731's Avatar

Default Re: Newbie looking for crusing craft advice

I have a 4 seat bbv 2+2 (4 skinny,2fatties)
    i paid less than 4000 but have put many housr in sorting it out,not because it was at fault but because i got it chaep and had enough spare cash to put it to how i wanted it.
    i had a marlin before that which i loved and sold to a hcgb member.
    if you are near leeds,wyorks you are more than welcome to come and have a look see.
    i am building a new single seat osprey from the spare parts that came with the bbv.
    you dont have to spend loads on a craft,buy one that works ,you can progress from there,if you want a new one there are a few companies listed visit,price up and take it from there.
    good look and happy hovering.
    infamy ,infamy, they`ve all got it infamy

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Don't forget to check out BBV - Bill Baker. He makes some lovely craft.

Check the byelaws for the area you want to use as it might be a bit irritating to buy a craft and find you can't launch it!

Ross

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

There is a member of the club selling his BBV twin engine on ebay. This is the same hull shape as Ross Floyds and would do the job as a first time craft without parting with the full 10k. Well worth a look as i,ve been out will the owner Rob Cooper in some very poor weather and the craft handled the chop very well. If you do purchase a craft in the near future the club run a training weekend in April which you would be more than welcome. This weekend would give you a hugh amount of information and experience.Good luck and welcome.

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member Jon Pert's Avatar

As mentioned above look at BBV and also K & M Products do a very nice cruising craft called the Mirage GP that would be in your budget.
    Cheers

SixpackPert

"Computer games don't affect kids. If Pacman would have affected us as children, we would now run around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music"

Less than 10 posts so far! Club Member

Thanks everyone for taking the ime to give this advice - its has really helped and avoided me making a rush mistake. Once i made my final decision and purchased a craft I hope to be able to say "Hi" at one of your meetings

All the best

Iain