Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting involved for the club

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Default Getting involved for the club

We the club have been appoached by a Mr David Williams. This man organises a festival in Evesham. This takes place from 11th to the 13th of June on the banks of the river Avon.
    At the event there will be classic cars, super cars and other car clubs. As well as live music all weekend a large fun fair , hot air balloons, firework display, night glow to music..........and a bar!!. All this for FREE.
    This year the organisers wanted a different theme which will involve us. We have been given a large area in the centre of the meadow to do our stuff. David Kemp has agreed to do his thing with the punters which is great. The crusiers we are hoping to have river access. Its a nice fresh water river for a change. Restrictions i,m sure will apply as ever.
    This will be a great family weekend with lots to do. Just bring a craft to use or just to display and enjoy the weekend.
    This means the club needs your help. It is rare we get an oppertunity to have access to this much free advertising to 12 to 15 thousand people. The world champs are just around the corner and a golden oppertunity to spread the word of our club.
    All i,m asking for is a min of 10 craft. Five racing five cruising not much to ask. Please do not leave this to the usual suspects many hands and all that!!!!!.
    So whos up for a great weekend.

Extremely active > 250 posts!

Default Re: Getting involved for the club

if i have a working craft i will be there!
    Jon

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

If your craft is made out of match sticks and isn,t fit for purpose bring it. These people are intrested in all angles from the trailor to the craft. Even if you are sat on the grass covered in spanners this will cause intrest and something for the public to view...... get involved!

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member Jon Pert's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Getting involved for the club

We will be there mate, no probs. I'll be up on Friday helping set up. I'll get Worlds and Club flyers sorted, you never know the Peewit may even make as appearance by then...

This has all the makings of a great bit of PR for the club so as Chalk says, get involved!!
    Cheers

SixpackPert

"Computer games don't affect kids. If Pacman would have affected us as children, we would now run around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music"

More than 10 posts! Club Member

Hi Bryan,

Count me in with a cruiser.

Rob

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member Jon Pert's Avatar

Here is the website for the event http://www.eveshamhotairfest.com/index.htm
    Cheers

SixpackPert

"Computer games don't affect kids. If Pacman would have affected us as children, we would now run around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music"

More than 30 posts! Club Member

Red face Re: Getting involved for the club

Bryan
    As earlier PM'd - Our BBV is just out of the mould and still shiny. Carla and I will be only too glad to show it off and give a newbies perspective. Mind there will be cruise training and the odd Novice race in between....

Kev T

More than 30 posts! Club Member

Hi Bryan
    please put The Campbells down for 1 Flying Fish
    Best Regards
    Chris