Exclamation Swans not bothered!

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentonli...rbed_bird.aspx

Councillor says "it sounds like a high volume strimmer"

Found on local news website!

Derek Sweetman

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

Default Re: Swans not bothered!

What is it with some people!

I remember the Police being called to Gang-Warily when I was marshalling, They were told we were upsetting the ducks.... I saw 2 ducks come out of the water, casually walk (waddle?) over to the fastest part of the track, lay down, tuck their heads on their backs and go to sleep!!!

And they were not wearing wrist bands either!!!!!

Pathetic....

B.

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

I think the fact that we sometimes have to stop racing in order to send someone out to herd swans off the racing line proves that they are not bothered about hovercraft!

More than 30 posts! Club Member

Leave us alone we love watching the racing .we enjoyed Towcester .
    Mr Swan
    Tow-032-Sun.jpg
    Every day is a school day

More than 30 posts! Club Member

By the way my mates in the next door enjoyed it as well
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Every day is a school day

Very active > 100 posts

The last time I had a swan encounter was on a island on Loch Lomand, the hover was sitting on the shore line with the engine running. The two swans waddled up to the back of the hover,turned there backs to the fan thrust to allow there feathers to be blown back and allowed them to have a good clean up deep down in there feathers with there beaks.

Now that's a service to wildlife.

I have also noticed that sea birds feeding on the shore line, If a hovercraft passes over a feeding ground the birds will fly up as you approach and then land as you pass and continue to feed, its a minor inconvenience to them unlike a bird of prey turning up the whole flock would leave the area and this would disrupt feeding.

There will always be someone ready to moan about a hovercraft, Its Human nature some are wingers, some are not

Trev
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hovbod
    http://www.hoverclub.org.uk

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

I have also noticed that sea birds feeding on the shore line, If a hovercraft passes over a feeding ground the birds will fly up as you approach and then land as you pass and continue to feed, its a minor inconvenience to them unlike a bird of prey turning up the whole flock would leave the area and this would disrupt feeding.

Trev[/QUOTE]

When you see a tractor ploughing, the seagulls have the same motion.
    Chris and the boys

More than 30 posts! Club Member sweetm2369's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Swans not bothered!

Quote Originally Posted by daly5546 View Post

Trev
    When you see a tractor ploughing, the seagulls have the same motion.[/QUOTE]

This phenomenon I believe is what allowed Pegwell Bay Hoverport to be built alongside a bird sanctuary although I have not been able to find the report in the public enquiry records that states this.
    The hovercraft at Pegwell also had the bonus that they encouraged more worms to the surface for the birds to feed on!

Derek