Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here is something you dont talk about much on this forum....

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member Jon Pert's Avatar

Default Re: Here is something you dont talk about much on this forum....

Kev,

I may use it on the craft but there is no way it's going on my car paintwork!
    Cheers

SixpackPert

"Computer games don't affect kids. If Pacman would have affected us as children, we would now run around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music"

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Pert View Post
    Kev,

I may use it on the craft but there is no way it's going on my car paintwork!

I use it on my Range Rover with no problems and the Local Valeter uses it to polish the clients cars thats how i know how to do it trust me i have used it for years and it keeps the spray mud off it will just drop off try it on your window pane at home and see what i mean then buy me a drink..........

Kev
    Freedom One & Freedom TS3 Manufacturer

More than 30 posts! Club Member

High Solids Emulsion floor polish produces excellent results. Carefree Eternum (Johnson Diversey) or Diamond Brite (Selden Products) or Platinum 25 (Premiere Products) are all good. It is readily available from Janitorial suppliers. Just wipe it on after cleaning the craft with a lint free cloth (j cloth will do) or for bigger areas use a flat mop and leave it to dry. It is touch dry in 30 minutes and hard in a few hours. Later on you can reapply to small areas to repair scuffs or deepen shine. No need for expensive micro fibre as the cloth will be a mess when you have finished; you will definitely want to throw it away. Do wear gloves - otherwise you will have nice shiny hands and polished fingernails.
    If you leave your hovercraft uncovered in the garden these polishes will darken very slightly with the UV over a year or two. Not a problem but any scuffs that you repolish will be slightly lighter. You might then want to remove the polish with a solvent- wipe on and wash off. A suitable solvent is Carefree Speed Stripper (Johnson Diversey).
    Bearing in mind that these polishes are designed to be walked on they are incredibly hard wearing and are very cheap 12 for 5 litres which would probably be enough for the rest of your life. You can possibly buy it in 1 litre bottles and the coverage rate is 60 square metres per litre.
    Absolutely do not use thermoplastic or oleo resinous floor polishes as they would be a disaster for too many reasons to mention here.
    You'd never guess that we have a commercial cleaning business .
    Chris
    Last edited by campbe5177; 20-May-10 at 10:13 AM.

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

Aint this site educational!

I should have asked this a month ago so I could have finished for this Saturday!!!!

Typical me....

B.

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

The original reason for posting is that the owner of my unit has got some stuff that he swears by...

Meguires Professional Range dual action polish. The valeting range...

Do any of you know this stuff?

B.

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

I would steer clear of anything silicone based (such as tyre dressing) as its too slippery and gets on everything hands included, you can tell if its silicone based as soon as you get any on your hands as they become very slippy !!

Russ..

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member Jon Pert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RussHudson View Post
    very slippy !!
    Mmmmm slippy...
    Cheers

SixpackPert

"Computer games don't affect kids. If Pacman would have affected us as children, we would now run around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music"