Thread: Woft on the Humber

Administrator

Default Woft on the Humber

Message originally posted by RussHudson on 28-Jun-09 at 10:51 PM:

As we couldn't make the Medway Hunt this weekend Gazza and I decide to have a brief woft on the Humber.
    We decided to meet up around lunchtime today and basically 'have a play and see how we get on'.
    I received a phone call from Gazza at around 12pm saying he was there and it was 'like a millpond', as I was only 30 mins away I put my foot down ....

Needless to say when I arrived it was a millpond and I could just see Gazza away on the other side. Having offloaded and fuelled up we set off for a quick test run hugging the shore for a mile or so until the Sev decided it was time to suffer from fuel starvation (yes again - even after drilling the fuel cap!!)

So a limp back to lauch point whilst thinking what it could be brought me back to the fact that I still have a bulb primer ( I Know having suffered on racing craft you'd of thought I'd of not bothered !!!) and have been meaning to remove it for ages but kept forgetting. Anyway, 10 mins later with primer removed and we were off again.
    All in all a craking afternoons hovering covering nearly 30 miles in total (Gazza did a bit more having got there earlier).

Its a great launch site directly under the north end of the bridge, and was quite busy today with people out and about showing a bit of interest in the craft whenever we were at the launch site, but all afternoon on the water we only saw ONE boat ! so had the estuary to ourselves it was great

A few pics attached.

Next mission is to find the pub on the South side somewhere opposite the launch site
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	r1.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	5557
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	r2.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	5558
    Web Admin
    http://www.hovercraft.org.uk

More than 10 posts! Club Member

Default Re: Woft on the Humber

There's a pub at South Ferriby, just East of Reeds Island. But last time we ate there the food was Cr*p!