Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm doing fine

More than 30 posts! Club Member

Default I'm doing fine

To all those who have been concerned about me after my accident at work on Friday morning: I'm doing fine.

One word of advise: never try to clean the paper dust from the shredder with an aerosol whilst it's running. It caused a big flash flame which set my hair (which was treated with hairspray about 2 hrs before!) on fire and burnt my skin.
    Off I went in the ambulance - with rather embarrassingly blue lights on at various road junctions - to Banbury hospital. I was in A&E for a few hours but was back home later that afternoon.

I have ended up with burns to my left thumb, left upper arm, right wrist (all healing very nicely very quickly) and burns to my neck, under my chin, chin itself, lips and tip of my nose. These burns will take a bit longer to heal, but I'm in no great pain. My upper lip looks like it has had several Botox injections, my eyebrows are still there (but with a bit less hair), my eyelashes are half the length they were and my hair on the right hand side at the front is a bit shorter than the right hand side. All I can say is thank god I was wearing my glasses at the time it happened and had my mouth (for once) shut, otherwise it could have been a different story.

So all in all I have been very lucky.
    Thank you to all who have expressed your concern and apologies for depriving you of the standby of the standby race director this weekend.
    Charlotte

Extremely active > 250 posts!

Default Re: I'm doing fine

sounds very much like, when a mate of mine, looked into the fuel tank on his bike with a lighter to see how much petrol was in it.

burns are nasty, would not wish that on anyone, hope you feel better soon.
    Jon

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

Sorry to hear this Charlotte! I was not aware you even had a accident!

I am glad you say you are doing well though! Take care and get well soon!

Brian.

Very active > 100 posts Club Member The Dragon's Avatar

Charlotte!! Glad to hear it wasn't too serious, we all hope that you feel much better soon xx Love Chris, Sandra & Maia

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Best wishes for a rapid recovery !

Ross & Gill

More than 10 posts! Club Member

Hope you are feeling better soon and I am glad it is not as bad as it sounded at the weekend. Burns are really sore. We have been thinkinbg about you. All the best from Linda and Paul. xx

Forum God > 400 posts

Myself and friend had to empty some petrol out of a tank and as things go from bad to flaming I know all about it.

Once he was done burning his head and shoulders, he looked like the Leo man.

He could not use his hands for several months and his face was black for a few weeks. The fact that you have little pain is a miracle.

Get well soon.
    In the beginning there was the Cube; I know where is came from and it has the power to create Hover life. But with great power comes great Fun.

Very active > 100 posts Club Member hover snapper's Avatar

wishing you a speedy recovery charlotte.
    Keep smiling!