Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my first hovercraft HELP ME please

More than 10 posts!

Question my first hovercraft HELP ME please

Hi all , im new to this forum , my names mark im from county durham and ive just bought my first hovercraft .
    ive never had a intrest in hovercrafts or boats anything like that . ive always raced prokarts ,race quads, rage off road buggies ect , currently have trials bike .
    anyway the opertunity came up to buy two of these Hovercrafts that were used for promosional advertising by "HOLSTEN PILS" outside yarm talltrees nightclub .
    they have stood in storage for over 3 or 4 years and are both in exellent condition .
    when i went to collect them the owner decided only to sell me one of them so i picked the best one , with only 20 hours on the tachometer.
    it is in beatifull condition with a kohler v twin engine i put a new battery on it and it started first click of the key , sounds and runs very nice , all the lights work aswell ,
    Now the only problem is ! all the segmented skirts were took off before storage and some have rotted away some have been lost also all the clips to fix them around top lip are missing ???
    i have around 20 of the original skirts with it , but i need to get this thing all fixed up so i can have a play on it , .
    what do i do ?? and the cheapest way of doing this ?? as i will be selling this for the summer once its all tip top .
    do i find the skirt fabric and copy the originals and have a machinest fabricate them for me or do i buy them from somewere ??? i havent a clue were to look and what to look for .
    What make and model is it ??
    Ilook at pics of crafts and thought it was a flying fish but i was wrong lol ,
    ive been told on you tube that its a osprey hovercraft ,
    its all air brushed in holsten pills logo & even has a matching full face helmet in same colours .
    ive added a couple of photos off my phone so not excellent quality but should do the job .
    any advice or help would be deeply appreciated thanks mark
    Last edited by m22rrk; 27-Jul-10 at 07:52 PM.

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Default Re: my first hovercraft HELP ME please

Mark,

Yes its an Osprey one sent you a private message i have all that you want.
    See the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLOhPnlt7S0

Kevthehover
    Last edited by kevthehover; 11-Apr-10 at 06:25 PM.
    Freedom One & Freedom TS3 Manufacturer

Extremely active > 250 posts!

its without doubt an opsrey. kev is your man.

pretty nasty repair on the rear 1/4 tho.

cheapest way, to make a set of skirts, is to make them yourself. a roll of skirt material, can be got for 200quid ish. or get kev to supply them.
    Jon

More than 10 posts!

Quote Originally Posted by curtis5420 View Post
    its without doubt an opsrey. kev is your man.

pretty nasty repair on the rear 1/4 tho.

cheapest way, to make a set of skirts, is to make them yourself. a roll of skirt material, can be got for 200quid ish. or get kev to supply them.
    thanks jon , yer i seen it had some fiberglass on back quarter , i would of done a tidyer job than wots been done . ,

it looks like the skirts are goin to cost me more than what the whole hovercraft cost me . ,
    wots a fair price for one of these ? thanks mark

More than 10 posts!

Quote Originally Posted by kevthehover View Post
    Mark,

Yes its an Osprey one sent you a private message i have all that you want.
    See the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLOhPnlt7S0

Kevthehover
    cheers kev nice video looks just like my craft ! il give you a call early this week . its nice to feel like im getting somewere now ! ive had this 3 months now and was about to just give up . thanks alot mark

More than 10 posts!

Thumbs up Re: my first hovercraft HELP ME please

hey thanks guys for your information ,
    i must try to buy the other matching craft now to see whats the best way to go about buying or making the skirt .
    Heres some pics i took today for KEV the hover . hope you like .
    thanks mark
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TURBOMAGIKZ

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Wow that craft looks to be in excellent condition, a set of skirts and away you go!! Good collection of Mosa welders in the backround Philip

More than 10 posts!

Change the fan as the truflow one in it is nowhere near as good as a multiwing ans they will break at the roots as quite old and been in the sun.