Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Helmet Skinz

Forum God > 400 posts Family/group Member coles2196/01's Avatar

Default Re: Helmet Skinz

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan Black View Post
    By the way all, assuming Bob's outspoken demands get acted on, I can get the Nitro helmet range at a very good rate, to include a donation to Somerset Rural Youth Project

http://www.nitrorider.com/catalogue.html

Orders put in bulk (ie 10 or more) qualify for free P&P

How can anyone buy a helmet without trying it on? I spent a day at Hickstead, going round all the stands that sold 'helmets' of the same size but different manufacturers, until I found the one that fitted my shape/sizeof head. If it is going to give any protection, it MUST fit properly without moving around.
    Growing old is compulsory -
    Growing up is optional!

Extremely active > 250 posts! Scrutineer
    Club Member

@ Bob, jolly good, the rule is fine as it stands. Sadly you missed the point about visibility, you may wish to look at Kevin's post and a little more closely at what I wrote about perceptions of buoys and discriminating bright colours against bright backgrounds.
    @ Gill, there's a nitro dealer in most reasonably sized towns. What very few of them will stock is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nitro-N250...item56452fd4fc
    Last edited by Ewan Black; 13-Nov-11 at 10:59 AM.
    I'r Gad!

Forum God > 400 posts Family/group Member coles2196/01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan Black View Post
    @ Bob, jolly good, the rule is fine as it stands. Sadly you missed the point about visibility, you may wish to look at Kevin's post and a little more closely at what I wrote about perceptions of buoys and discriminating bright colours against bright backgrounds.
    @ Gill, there's a nitro dealer in most reasonably sized towns. What very few of them will stock is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nitro-N250...item56452fd4fc
    Come shopping in Brighton!

'nuf said?
    Growing old is compulsory -
    Growing up is optional!

Very active > 100 posts Club Member clarke5677's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Helmet Skinz

I think Ewan and Kev are spot on here, when a pilot has taken the dreaded swim (which we all do from time to time....) our competent and well trusted race Marshalls will wave the yellow flag, informing all to take caution, and if needs be the red flag will be waved if the driver is in a dangerous position/situation, or in the racing line.... in these people we trust, and they always make the right and best call for the situation.... also the swimmer is generally heading back towards the stricken-ed hovercraft, so care and attention is taken by all racers, a orange or brightly coloured object bobbing in the water, could be mistaken for a marker bouy.... I myself, and all my team mates in Team Nationwide Fire wear black helmets, red overalls and red life jackets, our team colours... the cost of new helmets in this current climate isn't a viable option, ours are two seasons old! The helmet skinz have a great aesthetic look, like Locky has, I will possibly purchase one, for vanities sake, but will always make sure its removed for the scrutineers.... if not I will be out in my 'dark helmet' (no guarantees it will be polished though...) next season.

Cheers

Darren - No. 95 Team Nationwide Fire 503

Extremely active > 250 posts! Club Member

a helmet which is brightly coloured with either a skin, it's own manufacturers colour or a pot of shocking pink ceiling emulsion from the DIY shop is a brightly coloured helmet

i think we should seriously consider skins as there have been more than one incident and it doesn't fall on wether marshalling is good or bad

every fishing float i ever owned was either bright green or orange to 'contrast' against the water and they always did

however one disadvantage of being buoy coloured in the water is that Rupert, Les and Dan will aim directly for you