Thread: sev explorer problems

More than 10 posts!

Default sev explorer problems

hi i was just wondering if anyone has built one of theses
    as i am having a bit of a head scratch over the plans
    i am having problems working out the angles due to not the dimensions are printed on all the sides of the parts
    i am starting at part h1 and h2 any advise welcome

gaz

Default Re: sev explorer problems

You will now find the guys with all the knowledge Sev related at www.hoverclub.org.uk I am sure they will answer your questions there.
    Last edited by gaz; 5-Oct-10 at 07:58 AM. Reason: re-phrased sentence

More than 10 posts!

cheers
    i have posted there as well

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by fastflow View Post
    hi i was just wondering if anyone has built one of theses
    as i am having a bit of a head scratch over the plans
    i am having problems working out the angles due to not the dimensions are printed on all the sides of the parts
    i am starting at part h1 and h2 any advise welcome
    I know the sevtec plans can be very daunting & they are not very well laid out as plans go. All the info will be there though, it will be where you least expect it. I spent many of an hour looking through the plans while building my surveyor so I know how frustrating those drawings can be.

Hovercraft cruising site probably your best bet, but not sure if anyone in the UK has built an explorer, but plenty of other sevs in the UK now and the hull is pretty much the same on all of them. I will try & find out my surveyor plans later & see how the dimensions were laid out on them.

When I started my surveyor I made all the panels first that were easy to work out from sizes on the plans. By the time you have made the majority of the lower hull panels some of the other panel dimensions will become clear.

From memory I think H1 was the panel that went at the rear of the floor panel. You will have the floor width, the height of the panel will be marked on it, top width will be the determined by the width of the rear deck panel. The overall width of the panel should be either on that panel or on another drawing of the hull. The angles at the sides will be determined by the height from the ground that the side panels meet the upper deck panels, less the thickness of the floor panel. As I said the drawings are not very logical & frustrating

Al

More than 10 posts!

cheers
    dont surpose u live near bournemouth theres going to be loads like this

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by fastflow View Post
    cheers
    dont surpose u live near bournemouth theres going to be loads like this
    Sorry, I live 700 miles north west of you . Ian Brooks lives around the Glocester area, not sure if anyone closer to you than that.

More than 10 posts!

been chatting to him he seem a real nice chap and
    well after a hour of video call with bryan from sevtec (and what helpful chap ) l know how theses drawings are layed out missing mesurments are to be got from parts that they conect to
    the drawings are layed out in a pre cad system and y thought that that the numbers refered to a tec drawing when they refer to floor line and water line

there dosnt seem to be anybody down here with a sev