Thread: Hover Hawk Information

Less than 10 posts so far!

Default Hover Hawk Information

Hi all, I am looking to get as much information on Hover Hawk hovercraft as possible, so if any one has any info, I will be please to hear from you.
    I am currently pary of a group renavating an old MkII, and as we are new to hovercraft want as much help as posible
    regards Hawkskipper

More than 10 posts!

Default Re: Hover Hawk Information

Hi Hawkskipper

I am associated with the Hovercraft Museum who have the largest collection of Hoverhawks and spares in the world. Your enquiries should go directly to Warwick Jacobs. The email address to send to is enquiries@hovercraft-museum.org

For your interest - I run the Museums eBay charity shop - and we currently have a Hoverhwawk DVD available together with an original MKIIIW Brochure.

Links for you:

Hoverhawk page on the Museum site:

http://www.hovercraft-museum.org/n9_22.html

Hoverhawk DVD - Brochure on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hovercraft-Mus...#ht_2528wt_966

All the best

Extremely active > 250 posts!

Don't expect too much in the way of performance. They were very heavy and underpowered. Staying over the hump, as with many machines of that era, was quite diificult.
    If you are not worried about it being original then I would consider bigger engines.

Good Luck,

Kip

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

What engines have you got on it? I played with one whilst at school as a spotty smelly teenager.

It was the one with the 3 Wankel rotary engines.

It was lent to the school for a rebuild under the guidance of the metal work department. There was a lot of us involved in the project until the wire brushes came out which just left me!

That meant I had it all to myself!

The craft was used in an expedition along the, err, Nile? Kip?

I only have a small picture of the craft but do not know any registration numbers or anything but would love to know where it is now! I recall it was owned by the curator of the Imperial War Museum of the day but I may be totally wrong, once again I am sure Kip will know!

It was a fantastic time in my life and still makes me smile when I remember the first time "we" got the lift engine to fire up! It became my world and I still have the original gimballed compass from the craft, which I removed for safe keeping and for some reason I still have!

In fact I might be tempted to "donate" said compass to your project with certain "small print"

Click-me.

B.

Hi Brian
    The hawk we have is a mark II with Villiers 9E propulshion engines and a Valacete lift engine. The lift and one propushion engines wook fine but the port engine requers some bits (points & crank case cover)

Regards Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Brian G. Reynolds View Post
    What engines have you got on it? I played with one whilst at school as a spotty smelly teenager.

It was the one with the 3 Wankel rotary engines.

It was lent to the school for a rebuild under the guidance of the metal work department. There was a lot of us involved in the project until the wire brushes came out which just left me!

That meant I had it all to myself!

The craft was used in an expedition along the, err, Nile? Kip?

I only have a small picture of the craft but do not know any registration numbers or anything but would love to know where it is now! I recall it was owned by the curator of the Imperial War Museum of the day but I may be totally wrong, once again I am sure Kip will know!

It was a fantastic time in my life and still makes me smile when I remember the first time "we" got the lift engine to fire up! It became my world and I still have the original gimballed compass from the craft, which I removed for safe keeping and for some reason I still have!

In fact I might be tempted to "donate" said compass to your project with certain "small print"

Click-me.

B.

Hi
    Thanks for the information, I have got one of your DVDs of e-bay and am in contact with Warwick Jacubs thry to get other parts we need

Regards Dave

QUOTE=Mustang Hovercraft;71578]Hi Hawkskipper

I am associated with the Hovercraft Museum who have the largest collection of Hoverhawks and spares in the world. Your enquiries should go directly to Warwick Jacobs. The email address to send to is enquiries@hovercraft-museum.org

For your interest - I run the Museums eBay charity shop - and we currently have a Hoverhwawk DVD available together with an original MKIIIW Brochure.

Links for you:

Hoverhawk page on the Museum site:

http://www.hovercraft-museum.org/n9_22.html

Hoverhawk DVD - Brochure on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hovercraft-Mus...#ht_2528wt_966

All the best[/QUOTE]