Thread: Eagle 1 Hull ready for 503 with B Gearbox for sale

More than 30 posts! Club Member griffi5686's Avatar

Default NOW SOLD - Eagle 1 Hull ready for 503 with B Gearbox for sale

NOW SOLD! Up for auction is my Eagle 1 Racing Hovercraft.

I bought the Hovercraft 4 years ago (Lee Willars built) and have been racing it in Novices for the last 3 years (yes...I think I have been in Novices longer than anyone else).

The Hovercraft is setup for a Rotax 503 Engine, with the Type "B" Gearbox fitted, using a ratio of 2.58 (the normal ratio for this gearbox).

The auction includes the following:
    [/FONT]
    • Eagle 1 Hull
    • Engine Frame setup for the 503 / Gearbox (inverted fitting)
    • Fan for above engine with blades setup for above engine
    • Fan Guard
    • Centre Console
    • Engine Cowling (removed to improve engine cooling)
    • Seat (removed and used the console without the seat top)
    • Handlebars and Steering is fitted
    • Large number of Skirt Segments (enough for a complete skirt I would think)

The craft had a new skirt fitted before last season and has only done 2 events since, so it is in excellent condition. The spare skirt segments that I have will be enough for another skirt I think so you will not need to buy any skirt material for a while! The front of the craft was professionally repaired mid 2010 and is very strong.

The hull does need some work, mainly the back quarter section, which was punched through when I was racing at Towcester. This has been temporarily repaired using ali sheet underneath (see photo). This will either need re-glassing or fibreglass placed over the repair to seal it up. The inside of the craft currently has a steel plate which was glued to provide a temporary repair, ideally this needs to be removed and proper repair needs to be carried out. For anyone who is reasonable at fibreglass work this is not a big job. The craft would also benefit from some other small repairs and also another metal plate being used to tighten up the steering.

The craft is ready to accept an engine - the 503 with a type b gearbox will drop straight in - just add a throttle and cut-off switch and you are sorted.

I have the Hovercraft Club log book so this does not need to be float tested etc.

I have a fuel tank (12L - ideal for novices) which can be supplied at additional cost to the winning bidder - this has a fibreglass base which can be rivited to the hull.

This is a great hovercraft, which needs some TLC - the Eagle is ideal for novices as it's quite forgiving and reasonably easy to work on.

Please note that the trailer is not included in the sale and this craft does not include an engine.

This is only for sale due to an upgrade to a Raptor!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by griffi5686; 28-Jan-11 at 09:47 AM.

More than 30 posts! Club Member griffi5686's Avatar

Default Re: Eagle 1 Hull ready for 503 with B Gearbox for sale

Just to let you know this is now sold. Another one for Ricky to rebuild!