Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Views on vans

Very active > 100 posts Club Member datkins's Avatar

Default Views on vans

I've surrendered to the need to get a van of some type to tow trailer and load camping gear, (Sure that a camper would be best but parking/storage etc prevent)

So whats your practical experience please, been thinking along Vauxhal Vivaro/Ford Transit kind of size but most review sites seem to slag off everything.

suepct it smain role will be takign me to race meetings to go break fan blades and repair the craft

All views welcome,

Thanks,

David

Very active > 100 posts Scrutineer
    Club Member

Default Re: Views on vans

stay with the back bone of britain,
    The Transit spares are Available everywhere very easy to repair and they just keep going and going and going,i run a 1994 lwb and every year i say i will change it but it just refuses to die.
    john
    Last edited by JOHN STEAD; 28-Jan-11 at 09:45 PM.

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

VW Transporter, no question!

Mine just so happens to be up for sale... or rather when I get around to it!

I live in Sheffield and up here they have a massive following but I want to get hold of a Moto-X type of motorhome so I can live in the nice bit and put my kit in the not-nice bit!

B.

gaz

I am more than happy with my Merc V220, (vito mpv) its air susspension makes towing a dream and has more than enough power to hand. its also got an auto box with cruise control so when its up to speed I set it for the trip and there's no chance of the blue light disco pulling me over for speeding

Also consider how many people you are likely to carry. Some vans have two seats in the front & some have three.

Lets face it, there are some awsome vans out there now. You cannot go wrong with any of them.

What sort of mpg do you get from your Vito with cruise control Gaz? I have always liked the thought of that.

My van actualy has 7 seats in the front and space for 6 bikes in the rear! And I am on my own...

B.

The merc van I drive only has 2 seats up front, three seats and a bed in the rear, but the best bit is the blue lights & sirens I also don't care how many miles it does to the gallon as the ambulance service pay for the fuel.. Top speed I'm not going to say, but I will say it is well over the legal limit
    Last edited by Al; 29-Jan-11 at 05:16 PM.

gaz

MPG is in the low 30's with the hover in tow at a steady 60 (on motorways of course eh Wayne)
    seats wise any where between 2 and 7 depending on how many of them i leave in as 5 of them are indepenently removable